Cannot build atom worker

Robert Vernon Phillips

Aug 25, 2016, 3:11:47 PM8/25/16
to AtoM Users
Hi,

I'm following instructions at:

https://www.accesstomemory.org/en/docs/2.3/dev-manual/env/compose/

on building with:

$docker-compose up -d

from the 'atom' directory. After a few minutes it aborts when it attempts to do:

$curl -Ls https://github.com/artefactual/atom/archive/qa/2.3.x.tar.gz
with error: gzip:invalid magic.

When I do the curl command by hand it is not found.

Should I replace the 'x' with something, or is there a workaround?

Thank you,
Robert

Dan Gillean

Aug 25, 2016, 3:34:36 PM8/25/16
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Robert,

Woops! Looks like this documentation was not updated after the formal release - can you try it with the following URL?

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Jesús García Crespo

Aug 25, 2016, 3:40:55 PM8/25/16
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,

I've updated the GIT_BRANCH arg here: https://github.com/artefactual/atom/commit/0169f608e5a0780f96774979ad91ab8a8cb1f065. Our 2.3 branch was recently renamed after the release from qa/2.3.x to stable/2.3.x.

This will do it:

$ git pull --rebase
docker-compose up -d
$ ...

Thank you for your report!

Jesús García Crespo,
Software Engineer, Artefactual Systems Inc.
http://www.artefactual.com | +1.604.527.2056

Robert Vernon Phillips

Aug 25, 2016, 8:34:32 PM8/25/16
to AtoM Users
Thanks, but I think something was half-done in my previous attempt. I am using the new code and now I get:
-------------
$ docker-compose up -d
Starting docker_atom_1
docker_gearmand_1 is up-to-date
Starting docker_atom_worker_1
docker_memcached_1 is up-to-date
docker_percona_1 is up-to-date
docker_elasticsearch_1 is up-to-date

ERROR: for atom  Cannot start service atom: oci runtime error: exec: "/atom/src/docker/entrypoint.sh": stat /atom/src/docker/entrypoint.sh: no such file or directory

ERROR: for atom_worker  Cannot start service atom_worker: oci runtime error: exec: "/atom/src/docker/entrypoint.sh": stat /atom/src/docker/entrypoint.sh: no such file or directory
←[31mERROR←[0m: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.
-----------

Maybe I have to reboot my machine and retry?

Thanks for any thoughts on this!

Jesús García Crespo

Aug 25, 2016, 9:11:07 PM8/25/16
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Not sure, try with `docker down --volumes` and start over. Good luck!

Robert Vernon Phillips

Aug 26, 2016, 6:51:51 AM8/26/16
to AtoM Users
I am working on Windows 7 with Docker tools in the docker quick launch terminal, so it seems to not support docker down.

podengo@x123 MINGW64 /u/atom (stable/2.3.x)
$ docker down --volumes
docker: 'down' is not a docker command.
See 'docker --help'.

When I do docker --help, it does not list 'down'.
Do you know of anyone who has tried installing with docker compose on Windows 7?

Thank You,
Robert

Jesús García Crespo

Aug 30, 2016, 11:06:27 AM8/30/16
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I meant:

$ docker-compose down --volumes

Robert Vernon Phillips

Aug 30, 2016, 11:55:02 AM8/30/16
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com

I did rebase my local repo after immediately after you advised it, and git log showed the  commit  is # 0169f60 and I am on branch stable/2.3.x.
I had tried the docker-compose --down pnce I realized that that was what you must have meant.
Also I removed all my ica-atom related containers and images.
However the problem persists.

Then I realized that the repo does not even have a directory of atom/src/docker, which the error message quotes as part of a path of a file it cannot open.

ERROR: for atom  Cannot start service atom: oci runtime error: exec: "/atom/src/docker/entrypoint.sh": stat /atom/src/docker/entrypoint.sh: no such file or directory

I noticed that this repo/branch/commit does have a plain atom/docker directory with file entrypoint.sh, and I tinkered a bit to create my own new atom/src/docker directory and put its files there, but that did not help.

 Is there a more recent commit or branch where the atom/src/docker directory exists (so the error message will go away) or a branch-commit that has been tested with windows 7?

Best regards,

Robert V Phillips

Jesús García Crespo

Aug 30, 2016, 12:22:07 PM8/30/16
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
That's weird but you are on a Windows machine, right? Could that be the reason?

You could try to deploy from branch: qa/2.4.x.

Let us know how it goes,

--
Best regards,

Robert V Phillips

Robert Vernon Phillips

Sep 19, 2016, 8:31:07 AM9/19/16
to AtoM Users
Good Morning,

It took a while to get time to try qa/2.4.x, and installation of it worked fine (though this time I
used the docker installation process on a Redhat 7.2 host). I may not have a chance to try it on a
Windows 7 host anytime soon, so sorry to not be able to comment on that combination.

Thank you!

Robert