Hyperlink to documentation on the About page for AtoM 2.3 links to superseded documentation

rodney...@utas.edu.au

Jan 4, 2017, 12:04:28 AM1/4/17
to AtoM Users

We are installing AtoM 2.3 and we have noticed that the link to online documentation from our About page http://heritage-test.utas.edu.au/about appears to link to an old version of documentation. The link goes to https://wiki.ica-atom.org/Main_Page which has the message “Please note that ICA-AtoM is no longer actively supported by Artefactual Systems.” I assume this should link to https://www.accesstomemory.org/en/docs/2.3/. While we should be able to change the hyperlink ourselves is this something that should be changed in the code to point to the current documentation?

Regards,

Rodney Foley

Dan Gillean

Jan 4, 2017, 12:33:32 PM1/4/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Rodney,

Thanks for pointing this out - it was something we noticed a long time ago as we began working on 2.0, but it was low priority compared to other issues at the time, and slipped off the radar. I've now filed an issue so we can hopefully address this at some point in the future.

Thanks!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

David Juhasz

Jan 4, 2017, 12:41:28 PM1/4/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rodney,

If you are updating the "about" link manually you can use the alias "https://www.accesstomemory.org/en/docs/latest/" which should always point to the most recent stable release documentation.

Best regards,
David

--

David Juhasz
Director, AtoM Technical Services Artefactual Systems Inc. www.artefactual.com

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 9:04 PM, <rodney...@utas.edu.au> wrote:

We are installing AtoM 2.3 and we have noticed that the link to online documentation from our About page http://heritage-test.utas.edu.au/about appears to link to an old version of documentation. The link goes to https://wiki.ica-atom.org/Main_Page which has the message “Please note that ICA-AtoM is no longer actively supported by Artefactual Systems.” I assume this should link to https://www.accesstomemory.org/en/docs/2.3/. While we should be able to change the hyperlink ourselves is this something that should be changed in the code to point to the current documentation?

Regards,

Rodney Foley

Dan Gillean

Jan 4, 2017, 12:46:14 PM1/4/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
You can also remove the 2-letter language code from the URL - it will automatically be set on arrival based on the language preferences in your browser. E.g.:

Removing the "latest/" from the end of the URL will direct the user to a landing page listing all the available versions of the documentation

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.