Maria Vitória Rezende Grisi

Mar 17, 2017, 12:47:33 PM3/17/17
to AtoM Users
Whenever I try to Update the Publication Status by clicking in "Update descendants" there's a internal error (500 Internal Server Error). What might be the problem?

Thank you.

Dan Gillean

Mar 17, 2017, 1:41:27 PM3/17/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Maria,

Whenever you encounter a 500 error, it is useful to try to take a look at the webserver logs to see if there is more information. See:
Please feel free to share any related error message that you find there if the following suggestions do not help to resolve the issue.

What version of AtoM are you using? If you are clicking the "update descendants" option, then it sounds like 2.3... In 2.3 and later, the job scheduler is used to manage the updates of child records, to make sure the action doesn't time out in the browser.

For this to work, the job scheduler and its dependencies must be installed and properly configured. See:

If the job scheduler and the other dependencies are installed, it might be that you need to restart it. You can try the following commands, run from the root AtoM directory:

  • sudo start atom-worker   # Starts the worker
  • sudo stop atom-worker    # Stops the worker
  • sudo restart atom-worker # Restarts the workers
  • sudo status atom-worker  # Obtain current running status
If that doesn't work, please share the error message you find in the webserver logs, and we can go from there. Good luck!

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.