AtoM 2.8.0 Release

Melanie Kung

Jan 9, 2024, 12:43:05 PMJan 9
to AtoM Users
Hello AtoM Community members:

I'm pleased to let you know that Artefactual has prepared a 2.8.0 release of AtoM. You can find a list of the fixes and changes in this release on Github or see the release page on the wiki. There are some major security updates included.

The AtoM Maintainers are now tracking issues using Github. If you experience any issues or bugs with this release that you'd like to bring to our attention, you now have the option of doing so on Github using the bug report form here: https://github.com/artefactual/atom/issues/new/choose

Going forward, our translations will remain open, as mentioned in our AtoM 2.8 Translation announcement, except for when we pull the translations to AtoM where it may be locked down for ~90 minutes before a release. Translators would be able to see that the translations are locked down on the Weblate interface when this happens.

We'd also like to take this opportunity to remind you of our plans for the Bootstrap 5 upgrade, as per our release plan announcement last year. Bootstrap 2.x is now deprecated in AtoM 2.8.0, and will be removed from AtoM in a future release. If you do not have a custom theme, you can try out Bootstrap 5 very easily by changing your theme to use arDominionB5Plugin . We'd be most appreciative for feedback/bug reports regarding the Bootstrap upgrade especially.