Symfony in AtoM - question

stani...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2017, 5:34:18 PM8/16/17
to AtoM Users
Greetings!

I've installed AtoM on Scientific Linux 7. I looked at Ubuntu related instructions on the AtoM site and then followed the instructions for Red Hat, which worked just fine.  Neitehr set of instructions specifically mentions installing Symfony, yet when I look at configuration instructions, they ask to run:

php symfony cc

after changes in order to clean cache.  When I do it, my system says:

Could not open input file: symfony

I am confused.  Do I need to enable Symfony in Yum or is it supposed to install as part of the AtoM installation procedure?

Cheers,
Stan

Dan Gillean

Aug 16, 2017, 6:31:36 PM8/16/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Stan,

Symfony is a PHP framework that was used to create the original AtoM code. If you have AtoM installed, then you have Symfony.

To be able to run command-line tasks such as the clear cache task, you need to run them from AtoM's root directory. With your installation I'm not sure exactly where that would be, but for example if you follow our recommended installation instructions for Ubuntu, then this would be:
  • /usr/share/nginx/atom
Try running the command again from the root AtoM directory, and let us know if that works?

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

stani...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2017, 2:00:57 PM8/17/17
to AtoM Users
Million thanks, Dan!

I went into /var/www/html/atom and voila - I'm able to run the command and clear the cache!

Cheers,
Stan