Multiple instances in the same VM

Joel Marchand

Feb 10, 2021, 3:02:10 PM2/10/21
to AtoM Users

Hi,

I have a new problem.

I have installed 7 instances of Atom 2.6.1/2.6.2 in the same VM.

I follow strictly

Each instance
- is a VirtualHost (Nginx)
- has a dedicated DocumentRoot with his own code
- has a dedicated MySQL base and user
- has a dedicated URL

For all instances, the home page is OK : I get the good page.

But the URL /index.php/informationalobject/browse are not good.

2 are OK : I see the right information for the instance
5 are KO : I see always the same information from one of these 5 instances.

Any idea ?

Best regards,

   Joel Marchand

Brandon Uhlman

Feb 10, 2021, 3:47:52 PM2/10/21
to AtoM Users
I think if you follow the installation instructions strictly, the instances will share an ElasticSearch index, and I think a lot of the data that is displayed in an InformationObject browse is coming from ElasticSearch, not directly from the DB (though I could be wrong on that).

In the web installer portion of the instructions (https://www.accesstomemory.org/fr/docs/2.6/admin-manual/installation/linux/ubuntu-bionic/#run-the-web-installer), you'd want each instance to have a separate search index. If you didn't do that, I think the single ElasticSearch index is probably populated with the most recently edited version of each information object with the same primary identifier (I'm not sure what that is in AtoM).

~B

Warning. The following instructions assume that the Nginx package is creating the directory /usr/share/nginx and that is the location where we are going to place the AtoM sources. However, we have been told this location may be different in certain environments (e.g. /var/www) or you may opt for a different location.If that is the case, please make sure that you update the configuration ...

Feb 10, 2021, 4:31:22 PM2/10/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Joel,

I suspect that Brandon has pointed you in the right direction here. Remember as well that each database should have a unique name - and you may also want to give the Nginx configuration files (added in /etc/nginx/sites-available/) separate names as well.

Let us know if that helps!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Joel Marchand

Feb 10, 2021, 4:40:53 PM2/10/21
to AtoM Users
Hi,

Yes, you are right.

Before your emails, I had found my mistake : not one index per instance

Sorry for the inconvenience

Thanks again,

   Joel