Updating physical locations for lots of items

li...@orangeleaf.com

Jan 31, 2020, 11:48:12 AM1/31/20
to AtoM Users
Is it possible to batch update the physical location of lots of item level records via the AtoM front end?

For example where a whole store room of items is being re-located to another location?

brzic...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2020, 6:18:07 PM1/31/20
to AtoM Users

Dan Gillean

Feb 4, 2020, 1:32:46 PM2/4/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Linda,

The short answer is: not currently without using SQL, but there is a method coming in the 2.6 release!

A bit more detail:

In the 2.6 release there will be a new CSV import for physical storage locations. This will also include a means for importing CSV data as an update to existing storage locations - designed precisely to cover this kind of use case, where a lot of containers are moved to new locations. You can see a bit more in the relevant tickets here:
That doesn't help you currently, unless you are willing to upgrade and use a development branch - which is not ideal if this is for a production site, as 2.6 is still undergoing active development and requires more functional testing before its final release.

In the meantime, I will see if I can figure out a SQL query that might help - can you tell me a bit more about your use case? For example:
  • Is this a bulk update of just the location field data for a number of storage containers?
  • Do all the target containers requiring the update share the same current location data? If no, do they have any other common characteristics that might be used to select the right containers?
Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 11:48 AM <li...@orangeleaf.com> wrote:
Is it possible to batch update the physical location of lots of item level records via the AtoM front end?

For example where a whole store room of items is being re-located to another location?

li...@orangeleaf.com

Feb 4, 2020, 2:46:17 PM2/4/20
to AtoM Users
We can wait for v2.6 as there is no urgency to do this, thanks for the head's up.