Authority record ISO 393-2 and ISO8601

taehyung Kim

Jun 12, 2018, 8:58:16 PM6/12/18
to AtoM Users

Where can I download the ISO 693-2 Language Codes and iso 8601.CSV?
 And how do I patch my system when ISO 693-2 and ISO 8601 is updated?

Dan Gillean

Jun 14, 2018, 10:36:43 AM6/14/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Taehyung,

At this time, because AtoM is using an older PHP framework (Symfony 1x), there a couple things to note here:

First, AtoM is actually currently using the ISO-639-1 two-letter langauge codes, not the 639-2 three-letter ones.

Second, we maintain a list of all supported cultures in the following gist:
This includes the English name of the supported culture, as well as the related code. Note that only *some* sublocales are supported in Symfony - for example, we have support for Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR), but not ur_PK -  Urdu (Pakistan) - unfortunately, Symfony only has support for a general Urdu (ur) language at the moment.

Finally, because this is embedded in the Symfony framework, there is no way to upgrade the language support in AtoM without development work to patch the framework.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.