El carrusel de documentos no se visualiza en idiomas distintos al inglés

Mercedes Jiménez Bolívar

May 13, 2021, 7:58:09 AM5/13/21
to AtoM Users
Buenos días!
Hemos actualizado a 2.6.4. Nos pasa una cosa rara. Al seleccionar el idioma español desaparece el icono de los idiomas de la barra de menús superior y desaparece el carrusel que muestra los documentos en las agrupaciones documentales. Es decir, solo funciona correctamente si el idioma es el inglés. No sabemos por qué puede ser.

Gracias por vuestra colaboración.

Mercedes Jiménez Bolívar

Dan Gillean

May 13, 2021, 4:59:09 PM5/13/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hola Mercedes,

Interesting - I have tried to recreate this issue in my local test AtoM instance, but I have not been able to do so.

One thing I noticed right away is that both of these elements (the language menu and the carousel) are configurable, via Admin > Settings > Default page elements. However, the setting should remain the same regardless of the culture chosen.

I would still suggest you check in both the English user interface and the Spanish one that the checkboxes for these elements are checked - save any changes you make. Note that if the language menu is not visible, you can change the display language of the user interface by adding ?sf_culture=en or ?sf_culture=es to the end of the URL.

In the meantime, I'd like to ask some further questions about your AtoM installation, to help our team make further suggestions.

First, can you please tell me the full version number of your AtoM installation displayed in Admin > Settings > Global at the top of the page? Also, is the default installation culture of your site Spanish, or English? If you're unsure, this is generally found in a configuration file located at apps/qubit/config/settings.yml

Have you followed the recommended installation instructions for 2.6.4 (e.g. Ubuntu 18.04, PHP 7.2, Elasticsearch 5.6, MySQL 8.0, Nginx, etc)? If no, please tell us more about any changes you have made.

Can you confirm as well that all steps in the upgrading process were followed, including dropping and recreating the database, running the upgrade task, and restarting services afterwards? See:
Finally, have you tried any steps so far to resolve this issue - for example, running some of the common maintenance tasks (clearing the cache, restarting PHP-FPM, rebuilding the search index, etc)? Have you tested in an incognito browser window or cleared your browser cache, to make sure that you are not seeing an older version of the page when the user interface settings were different?

Once we have some more information, hopefully we can provide further suggestions.

Cheers,

Mercedes Jiménez Bolívar

May 14, 2021, 2:12:45 AM5/14/21
to AtoM Users
Gracias, Dan!! Era simplemente eso, que tenía la configuración para que no se viera. ¡Nos hemos vuelto locos!

Mercedes Jiménez Bolívar

May 14, 2021, 3:19:33 AM5/14/21
to AtoM Users

Hi, Dan.

I will try to answer your questions:

1º The checkboxes for these elements: language menu and the carousel in Admin > settings > default page elements were not checked. However, I could see them when the user interface was in english (adding ?sf_culture=en to the end of the URL). Now, I have checked the checkboxes y everything works fine in all languages.

2º. The full version number of my AtoM installation displayed in Admin > Settings > Global  is  2.6.4 - 184.

3ª In relation a your questions: “Finally, have you tried any steps so far to resolve this issue - for example, running some of the common maintenance tasks (clearing the cache, restarting PHP-FPM, rebuilding the search index, etc)? Have you tested in an incognito browser window or cleared your browser cache, to make sure that you are not seeing an older version of the page when the user interface settings were different?” the answer is yes.

4º As to how the installation was done, I have to ask. I will get back to you as soon as I get that information.

I'm really grateful for your help, Dan.

Mercedes.