Jonathan Barrionuevo

Jan 14, 2021, 2:10:35 PM1/14/21
to AtoM Users
Buenas tardes, hace poco instale  AtoM con la versión 2.6.1 , y me encuentro con el problema de que no puedo exportar ningún archivo csv o xlsx.
Anteriormente la versión 2.4 observe que trabajaban con una librería phpexcel, y ahora intento trabajar con la misma pero no me da resultado. cuando intento descargar me sale un error 500

Dan Gillean

Jan 14, 2021, 2:53:08 PM1/14/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hola Jonathan,

Whenever you encounter a 500 error, we recommend that you take a look at the webserver error logs to get more information on the nature of the error. Some suggestions for how to find this information here:
My guess based on similar posts is that the job scheduler is either not properly installed or configured, or else the atom-worker needs a restart. You will know this is the case if you look in the error logs and see a message like, "No Gearman worker available that can handle the job."

For installation and configuration of AtoM's job scheduler (i.e. Gearman), see:
This is mentioned and linked to in the general installation documentation here:
To restart the atom-worker, see:
Some notes on this:
  • You can check the status of the atom-worker at any time with: sudo systemctl status atom-worker
  • This is useful to make sure the restart was successful. When the worker dies, AtoM will attempt to automatically restart it - however, to prevent the system from being caught in an endless loop, we added a restart limit - 3 retries every 24 hours. You can reset this fail limit with the following command:
  • sudo systemctl reset-failed atom-worker
If this does not resolve the issue, and/or this is not what you find in the error logs, then please let us know what you discover, as well as more information about your installation (Operating system, PHP version, etc)  and we can provide further suggestions.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 2:10 PM Jonathan Barrionuevo <jonathanab...@gmail.com> wrote:
Buenas tardes, hace poco instale  AtoM con la versión 2.6.1 , y me encuentro con el problema de que no puedo exportar ningún archivo csv o xlsx.
Anteriormente la versión 2.4 observe que trabajaban con una librería phpexcel, y ahora intento trabajar con la misma pero no me da resultado. cuando intento descargar me sale un error 500

Jonathan Barrionuevo

Jan 19, 2021, 9:08:43 AM1/19/21
to AtoM Users
Hola Dan,

Estuve viendo tus recomendaciones, seguí las instrucciones pero me sigue dando un error, y no puedo solucionar de ninguna manera el error que me surge, te pido por favor ayuda en esto.

# sudo systemctl status atom-worker
● atom-worker.service - AtoM worker
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/atom-worker.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2021-01-19 10:59:15 -03; 9s ago
  Process: 195486 ExecStart=/usr/bin/php72 -d memory_limit=-1 -d error_reporting=E_ALL symfony jobs:worker (code=exited, status=255)
 Main PID: 195486 (code=exited, status=255)

Jan 19 10:59:15 desa-atom.localdomain systemd[1]: atom-worker.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=255/n/a
Jan 19 10:59:15 desa-atom.localdomain systemd[1]: atom-worker.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Desde ya muchas gracias.

Dan Gillean

Jan 19, 2021, 10:20:06 AM1/19/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hola Jonathan,

Did you try to reset the failure limit? From a previous thread:

The atom-worker will try to restart itself if it fails, but to prevent it from being caught in a loop, we have added a limit - it will only try 3 restarts in 24 hours. If you have tried to restart the worker and it is still not running, then you may need to manually reset the fail counter. You can do so with the following:
  • sudo systemctl reset-failed atom-worker
  • sudo systemctl start atom-worker

Then check the status again.

 Other ideas:

I recall from another thread that you are using Apache instead of Nginx. Have you made any other changes to the recommended installation instructions? If yes, what else is different? Please let us know for example:
  • Full version number of AtoM installed (can find this in Admin > Settings > Global at the top of the page)
  • Operating system and version (e.g. Ubuntu 18.04)
  • PHP version
  • MySQL version
Make sure you have all the necessary PHP extensions installed. You can see a list of those we recommend (when using Ubuntu LTS releases such as 18.04 for AtoM 2.6) in the documentation here:
If you are NOT using Ubuntu (for example, if you are trying to install on CentOS), then there may be other extensions you need. For example, see this thread:
Tips on checking your installed PHP extensions can be found in:
If you need to make any changes or installations, be sure to restart PHP-FPM afterwards.
Finally, if you're still having issues, it may help to see if the gearman logs have any further information. If you've followed our recommended installation instructions, then you can check the logs with the following command:
  • sudo journalctl -f -u atom-worker
Let us know how it goes!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Jonathan Barrionuevo

Jan 20, 2021, 9:31:35 AM1/20/21
to AtoM Users

Hola Dan,

Estuve revisando los link que me pasaste para verificar las extensiones, y creo tener todas. También estuve investigando por varios lados y no encuentro algo que me ayude a solucionar este problema con gearman.

Mi información con respecto a este proyecto es:

AtoM: versión 2.6.1 - 184
Sistema Operativo: CentOS Linux 8 (Core)
PHP: PHP 7.2.34 (cli) (built: Sep 30 2020 05:15:50) ( NTS )
MySql: 8.0.21

Por otro lado también revise los registros de Gearman con  el comando de linea sudo journalctl -f -u atom-worker y aparece:

[root@desa-atom /]# sudo journalctl -f -u atom-worker
-- Logs begin at Tue 2020-11-17 13:48:15 -03. --
Jan 20 10:42:02 desa-atom.localdomain systemd[1]: atom-worker.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Jan 20 10:42:02 desa-atom.localdomain systemd[1]: atom-worker.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jan 20 10:42:02 desa-atom.localdomain systemd[1]: Failed to start AtoM worker.
Jan 20 11:21:14 desa-atom.localdomain systemd[1]: atom-worker.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Jan 20 11:21:14 desa-atom.localdomain systemd[1]: atom-worker.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jan 20 11:21:14 desa-atom.localdomain systemd[1]: Failed to start AtoM worker.
Jan 20 11:22:42 desa-atom.localdomain systemd[1]: Started AtoM worker.
Jan 20 11:22:42 desa-atom.localdomain php72[204677]: PHP Fatal error:  Class 'PDO' not found in /var/www/html/atom/vendor/symfony/lib/plugins/sfPropelPlugin/lib/vendor/propel/util/PropelPDO.php on line 42

Por ultimo comprobe la configuracion de /usr/lib/systemd/system/atom-worker.service

[Unit]
Description=AtoM worker
After=network.target
# High interval and low restart limit to increase the possibility
# of hitting the rate limits in long running recurrent jobs.
StartLimitIntervalSec=24h
StartLimitBurst=3

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

[Service]
Type=simple
User=apache
Group=apache
WorkingDirectory=/var/www/html/atom
ExecStart=/usr/bin/php72 -d memory_limit=-1 -d error_reporting="E_ALL" symfony jobs:worker
KillSignal=SIGTERM
Restart=on-failure
RestartSec=30s

En donde veras que en ExecStart, tuve que poner php72 y no php7.2, porque asi es como se encuentra en esa ruta.

Pido ayuda con este problema, porque me imposibilita muchas cosas, que no funcione Gearman.

Saludos y gracias por tu paciencia.

Dan Gillean

Jan 20, 2021, 9:55:52 AM1/20/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Jonathan,

With a build using CentOS and Apache, there is a limit to how much advice we can offer - we do not test AtoM installations on these distributions.

That said, here are a couple more suggestions.

First, the error is implying that the failure limit has been reached - did you try the command to reset the fail count?
  • sudo systemctl reset-failed atom-worker
  • sudo systemctl start atom-worker
Next, I mentioned in a previous post that AtoM expects the job scheduler to be owned by the www-data user and group. Have you tried changing the User and Group values to www-data in the configuration file, and then restarting the job scheduler, reloading Apache, and restarting PHP-FPM before continuing? I have mentioned this in a previous thread here. It may be different on CentOS but I would suggest trying this if you are still having issues.

Finally, there are a number of community created guides for installing CentOS on our wiki - you might want to look at some of these and see if they have further suggestions. See:
You can also see all previous posts in the User Forum tagged with CentOS here:

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056