Modification History with User Profile

Vicky Phillips

May 4, 2022, 10:15:08 AM5/4/22
to AtoM Users
Hi,
I've enabled the Enable description change logging setting within Admin > Settings > Global and I'm able to see change details when looking via the View modification history via More button at bottom of an Archival Description
Screenshot 2022-05-04 at 14-58-45 National Library of Wales Archives and Manuscripts.png
However when I try and get my users entire modification history via the Profile page I'm not seeing the Editing history heading or the above item being listed.  There's nothing appearing under the User details box.
Screenshot 2022-05-04 at 14-59-08 National Library of Wales Archives and Manuscripts.png
We're on version 2.6.1 of AtoM. Is anyone else having this issue?
Thanks
Vicky
Digital Standards Manager
National Library of Wales

Dan Gillean

May 5, 2022, 11:38:11 AM5/5/22
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Vicky,

I've just done a few quick tests in our qa/2.x development environment and was unable to reproduce this issue. Normally, the username on the description modification history is a hyperlink to the user's profile mod history - I noticed in your first screenshot that this is not the case. Is it possible that the atomtest2 user was deleted, and then a new one created at a later date?

Can you see your own modification history on your admin account, or is this happening for all accounts?

Please remind me again if you've made any changes to the recommended database installation instructions - for example, did you make sure to select the Legacy Authentication Method when configuring MySQL? Do you have the correct SQL modes set?

Have you tried restarting MySQL, turning the setting off and on again, or any other maintenance tasks to see if it helps? Is there any chance that local code customizations might be interfering with this - for example, a custom theme not including the right template elements or affecting the page JS?

If you use your browser inspect tools, can you see the code for the user modification history present (i.e. wondering if it's just a display issue with the CSS or JavaScript) - there should be a table body element with an id of "editingHistoryRows" for example that you could search for....

Anything else you can share that might help us narrow down the issue is welcome.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.