Missing digital objects

Tim Wise

May 21, 2024, 7:03:22 PMMay 21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com

I was wondering is someone can help fill in the gaps with my knowledge of ATOM.

We are in the process of upgrading from ATOM 2.6.3 to ATOM 2.8.1.

All seems to be good except when we browse Digital Objects.

We can drill down on an item but when will click on it we get a 404 file not found.

The metadata for the object indicates there should be a file

Digital object metadata

Filename

List_of_Births_and_Deaths.pdf

Media type

Text

Mime-type

application/pdf

Filesize

1.1 MiB

Uploaded

August 22, 2016 9:01 PM

Can anyone tell me in which directory I would expect to find these files?

Thanks.

Tim

Tim Wise
ICT Support Officer Systems
ICT Department

E: tw...@loreto.vic.edu.au
T: 5329 6199

Loreto College
1600 Sturt St, Ballarat, 3350
www.loreto.vic.edu.au

Loreto College acknowledge the traditional owners of our land, the Wadawurrung people of the Kulin Nation, whose ancient wisdom and traditions continue to nurture these lands and waterways.

LC_MaryPoppinse_email Banner.jpg

This email message (and attachments) may contain information that is confidential to Loreto College Ballarat. If you are not the intended recipient you cannot use, distribute, or copy the message or attachments. In such a case, please notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments. Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this message and attachments, that do not relate to the official business of Loreto College Ballarat, are neither given nor endorsed by Loreto College Ballarat.

Amaya Rodrigo

May 22, 2024, 5:55:47 AMMay 22
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Find your uploads/ and downloads/ directories in  your old atom code and move them to the 2.8 directory.
Things should work right away if the permissions are OK

Tim Wise

May 22, 2024, 9:21:03 PMMay 22
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com

Good morning Amaya, thanks for the prompt response.

You were correct, for some reason the uploads were nested one directory down in another directory

Called uploads and the permissions where incorrect.

Thanks for your help.

Tim

Tim Wise

ICT Support Officer Systems
ICT Department

E: tw...@loreto.vic.edu.au
T: 5329 6199

This email message (and attachments) may contain information that is confidential to Loreto College Ballarat. If you are not the intended recipient you cannot use, distribute, or copy the message or attachments. In such a case, please notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments. Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this message and attachments, that do not relate to the official business of Loreto College Ballarat, are neither given nor endorsed by Loreto College Ballarat.

Amaya Rodrigo

May 23, 2024, 2:04:06 PMMay 23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
For the sake of completeness, let me drop these links here, so that it can help others:

  •  upgrading docs, make sure to follow those
  • Check the Base URL setting, in Admin > Settings > Site information. AtoM uses this to determine the base path, so if it changed w the upgrade, all links might return 404s even if the uploads directory has been moved over
  • There's general information on how the uploads directory is structured in the docs here. If they want a way to use SQL to output a specific list of paths to DOs in the uploads dir, and related description slugs, this SQL queryhere.
  • If DO links and metadata can be seen on the description page, also try hovering over the links to see what path the browser will preview, which should help them determine a) if the base URL is set correctly, and b) where in the uploads dir to look for a specific object
  • Making sure that the filesystem permissions are properly set is always helpful - command to run is here
  • Always a good idea after making changes to run common maintenance tasks (clear application cache, restart PHP-FPM, possibly re-index if they had run indexing before moving over the uploads dir, and clearing web browser cache or testing in private/incognito mode), just to ensure they are seeing the most up to date results and not something cached that is now no longer correct!

--
Amaya M Rodrigo Sastre (she/her/bofh) - sysadmin@artefactual

Message has been deleted