original Name displayed in AtoM

romain guedj

Apr 1, 2021, 1:54:49 AM4/1/21
to AtoM Users
Hi All,

Is it possible that AtoM harvests originalName from Mets file? Currently all file names  displayed in AtoM are the cleanup version.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Romain

romain guedj

Apr 1, 2021, 1:58:00 AM4/1/21
to AtoM Users
Hi All,

I forgot te precise the context : my goal is to get AtoM displaying the original names I have into bagit packet. Bags are the input in archivematica.

Cheers,
Romain

Dan Gillean

Apr 1, 2021, 11:08:50 AM4/1/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Romain,

Unfortunately, I think that this would require development to support. Because of the unique way that AtoM and Archivematica have developed separately (and the business model we've had to use thus far to support them  - described further in the second half of this wiki page), there are some integrations that we'd very much like to see between the two applications that aren't currently supported. Artefactual is trying to evolve its business model and development approach while still ensuring we can continue to support our projects, so hopefully in the long term these kinds of gaps will become fewer. In the meantime however, we would need community support - either in the form of code contributions or development sponsorship - to be able to enhance the AtoM-Archivematica integration with further configuration options, such as passing the original filename instead of the sanitized one.

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

romain guedj

Apr 6, 2021, 1:25:01 AM4/6/21
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

Thank you for your answer.

We would evaluate what we can develop from our side and deliver to the community soon.

Cheers,
Romain