Sort dilemma

Adele T

Apr 19, 2011, 6:50:38 AM4/19/11
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi everyone,

My immediate aim is to link a few files we have in a subseries to the
scans that already exist. However, I have 144 files in the subseries
and I'm not sure if it is best to put in the work and enter them all
as children now. I have my tree sort setting set to 'none' or in
order of data entry because our reference codes are natural language
and not logical (?) and don't sort in order. (ie. Sb 3.1.1 is
followed by 3.1.11 and not 3.1.2). In other words, if I only enter
the files with the scans, the subseries will not sort in correct order
when I finally get around to adding the other files.

Does anyone have some advice or experience? Tell me if I'm just being
lazy...

Also, for the Artefactual gang: Is this in the priority list for
development already? I couldn't see if the development plan is on
this wiki.

Thanks,
Adele
Reference Archivist
UNESCO

Jessica Bushey

Apr 19, 2011, 1:19:35 PM4/19/11
to ICA-AtoM Users
Dear Adele,

Your hesitation is founded. There is an existing issue#1145 regarding
the alphanumeric search order: http://code.google.com/p/qubit-toolkit/issues/detail?id=1145.
I have changed the priority to High and this fix will be included in
the 1.2 release. I will bring this to the attention of our programmer
when he returns from paternity leave in early May.

Regards,
Jessica