Publisher Field for RAD

colle...@cumberlandmuseum.ca

Jun 28, 2018, 4:36:27 PM6/28/18
to AtoM Users
Hi again!

We have our display setting on RAD standards, but i have noticed that there is no field for publisher information ex: place of publication, name of publisher etc.  Is this a field that needs to be added? or perhaps i am missing the correct field where this information should go.

Thanks in advance!

-Melissa

lizanne...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2018, 4:48:17 PM6/28/18
to AtoM Users
Hi Melissa,

You can add information about the publisher and date/place of publication in the "Dates of creation area" if you choose "publication" from the drop-down list of event types.

Hope this helps!
Elizabeth-Anne

colle...@cumberlandmuseum.ca

Jun 28, 2018, 4:58:20 PM6/28/18
to AtoM Users
Thanks for the reply Elizabeth! I guess that i was thrown off by the "Actor name" field in that area, but this does seem to be the correct area.

Dan Gillean

Jun 28, 2018, 6:05:21 PM6/28/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Thanks for sharing that tip, Elizabeth-Anne!

Melissa, I agree that this is the best way to capture this information - but be aware that by doing so, you are creating an authority record. You will likely want to navigate to the authority record and supplement it with further information later.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.