Update nginx only

BrzI Channel

May 15, 2023, 3:23:54 PM5/15/23
to AtoM Users
Hi folks,
we are running Nginx 1.14.0 with AtoM 2.6.4 - 184 on Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS.
The OS is still under support but the Nginx is end of life. Our central IT is complaining that it should be upgraded.
How can I do that without breaking the AtoM application ?
Thanks

BrzI Channel

May 15, 2023, 7:19:14 PM5/15/23
to AtoM Users
I found this link on how to...looks pretty straight-forward..
Will it break my AtoM ?

Thanks

Dan Gillean

May 16, 2023, 9:11:50 AM5/16/23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

That source looks fine, according to at least one of our developers. The suggestion of backing up your configuration file before performing an upgrade is a very good idea - remember, the AtoM configuration file is at /etc/nginx/sites-available/atom per the docs here. Make sure you check the status of the service and that it is running after doing the upgrade, and you may want to restart a few other AtoM-related services as well, such as PHP-FPM, clearing the application cache, etc. Otherwise, you should be fine!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.