AtoM upgrade - quick question

BrzI Channel

Feb 15, 2022, 4:47:48 PM2/15/22
to AtoM Users
Hi folks,

I am running AtoM 2.5.3 with Archivematica 1.9.2.

I need to eliminate problems with video content access via Flash.

What is the highest version of AtoM I can upgrade to without needing to make any changes to archivematica ?

I am trying to avoid making changes to archivematica as it was a bit of a (to me) painfull process since I built separate processing and storage instances...

Thanks

Dan Gillean

Feb 16, 2022, 10:21:36 AM2/16/22
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

The

The Archivematica 1.9 documentation only specifies AtoM "2.2 or higher."  I did check with some of my Archivematica team colleagues, and while we don't test all possible version combinations, no one was aware of any known issues. That doesn't mean they don't exist, but we're not currently aware of any incompatibilities.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

BrzI Channel

Feb 18, 2022, 7:25:02 PM2/18/22
to AtoM Users
OK. Good to know.

Just one more question - which version of AtoM no longer uses Flash to show videos etc ?

We need to make our invisible videos visible again... :-)

Thanks

Dan Gillean

Feb 22, 2022, 10:06:18 AM2/22/22
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi again,

Release 2.6.3 is the version where we replaced AtoM's previous Flash-based media player with a new HTML5 version. See:
However, release 2.6.4 is a security release that only includes a patch for a reported security vulnerability that we have addressed, so I strongly recommend upgrading to that version - which also happens to be the latest version of AtoM, and the one you will install following the 2.6 documentation. See:
Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.