AtoM does not show the digital objects

Murilo Souza

Oct 24, 2022, 4:51:35 PM10/24/22
to AtoM Users
Hello everyone,
I have an AtoM with 700k records and I recently uploaded some objects. AtoM didn't show any errors during loading, but even after doing the indexing only a small part of the objects is visible, the last ten. I already checked in the database and in the uploads folder, the objects are all there, including the generated thumbnails. I've tried re-indexing and even regenerating the derivatives, but the problem persists.
Has anyone ever had a similar problem?

Murilo Souza
Assessor Técnico
Arquivo Público do Estado de São Paulo

Dan Gillean

Oct 25, 2022, 9:21:00 AM10/25/22
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Murilo,

Can you please tell us what version of AtoM you're using - the full version number listed in Admin > Settings. Is yours a standard installation that followed the recommended installation instructions, or have you made any changes (and if yes, what changes)?

How were these digital objects uploaded? One at a time using the link digital object in the UI? Many at once in the UI via the Upload digital objects? CSV import? The Digital Object Load CLI task? etc. Are the digital objects all part of one fonds/collection, or many?

Is there any pattern to those that display vs those that don't? For example, are those that do not display all PDFs while those that do display all images, or similar?

Do the records in question show a digital object metadata area in the user interface but no actual image - or is there simply no evidence at all that the objects were attached? If you try exporting some of the records as CSV, is there anything included in the digitalObjectPath or digitalObjectURI columns in the related CSV rows?

You said you can see the digital objects in the uploads directory - can you see them in your browser if you take the uploads filepath and add it to your base URL? For example, if:
  • Your site's base URL is: www.example.com
  • Your description is linked to Example Institution
  • The digital object is found in the uploads directory at uploads/r/example-institution/1/2/34567/example.jpg
Then: are you able to see the digital object in your browser at:
Are there any helpful messages in the webserver error logs?
Hopefully with more information, I can see if our team has any ideas on next steps for you.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.