Unify the Home Page in different languages

tomas...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2019, 3:48:41 PM6/5/19
to AtoM Users
Hi Atom user community:

I have seen that every time I edit  the home page and alter the language, that modification does not persist unless i select the language back.

Looks like there is a possibility to customize the Home Page for each language.

Is there any option in order to unify the home page for all the languages? The modifications have to be repeated for each language?

Thanks and regards.

Tomas.

Dan Gillean

Jun 10, 2019, 5:28:42 PM6/10/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Tomas,

Unfortunately, yes, that is by design currently. AtoM is designed to be a multilingual application, so users can add content in different languages. Most fields in the database, including the static pages, are split into i18n tables (which is developer-speak for internationalization), so you can add different content for each culture in use.

If you are using AtoM in a monolingual site, there are a couple things you could do to improve the end user experience however.

First, you can navigate to Admin > Settings > i18n languages, and remove every language expect the default installation culture of your site. You should reindex your site after doing so. See:
Additionally, you can hide the entire language menu from view, via Admin > Settings > Default page elements. See:
Doing so should prevent users and bots from stumbling across the other page versions.

I hope that helps!

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

tomas...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2019, 1:33:26 PM6/28/19
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan.

Thanks you very much for your clear response, please excuse me for the delay in my reply.

Regards.

Tomas.