understanding CREATOR and NAME numbers on Archival Description page

Steve Howes

May 14, 2019, 10:31:27 AM5/14/19
to AtoM Users
I'm trying to understand the CREATOR numbers and the NAME numbers on the Archival Description page

CREATORandNAME.JPG

Some, even most numbers, seem low when compared to clicking on that Creator link, why would that be?

In the NAME list what does the number represent, is it the number of records where that Name is set as an access point? (Looking at the first Archival Descriptions page I wonder how useful it can be)

 (Apologies at what must seem simple questions but I'm not an Archivist)

Thanks,

Steve

Dan Gillean

May 14, 2019, 11:35:59 AM5/14/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Steve,

The following section of our documentation may help:

Creator: Limits results to only those where the name matches that of the creator associated with the archival description
Name: Limits results to those with a matching name added as a name access point to an archival description

The facets only show the 10 most populated results per facet, and it is contextual, depending on the results being shown. So if you're viewing only top-level records, you'll see different counts than viewing all levels, or those filtered in some other way.

It's difficult to provide further guidance without browsing your site, but if you have specific follow-up questions, let me know and I will do my best to answer!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.