Names in the Subject taxonomy

Samantha Levin

Aug 1, 2019, 5:14:46 PM8/1/19
to AtoM Users
Hello all,

We have quite a few names that have wound up in our Subject taxonomy due to staff members placing them in the Subject Access Point field instead of the Name Access Point field in archival descriptions. It would be splendid if there was a way for me to seamlessly move such names out of our Subject taxonomy to our Name Authority. Is that at all possible?

We are using the cloud version of AtoM.

Best,
Samantha
Fashion Institute

Dan Gillean

Aug 2, 2019, 11:34:13 AM8/2/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Samantha,

Unfortunately, because these are entirely different entities, I can't think of an easy way of accomplishing this. You can certainly use the authority record CSV template(s) to create new name authorities, but you'll still need to manually delete the "name" subject terms, and relink your new authorities to the descriptions as name access points. Sorry!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Samantha Levin

Aug 5, 2019, 4:15:53 PM8/5/19
to AtoM Users
Hey Dan,

Thanks for your response - I figured as much, but thought I'd ask. I've got quite a task on my hands!!