Morgane Mosnier

Mar 24, 2021, 10:46:39 AM3/24/21
to AtoM Users

Hello,

I just found out about a problem with our AtoM. There was an attempt to import content to the base in 2018, which failed and is now blocking every other attempt at importing content. The task has been considered active by AtoM since 2018, but it isn't working.
Is there any way we can shut it down ?

I hope this is making sense, thank you for your help !

Dan Gillean

Mar 24, 2021, 11:06:56 AM3/24/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Morgane,

It sounds like most of the information you need can be found on our Troubleshooting page, in the section on the job scheduler. You might want to read through the various commands listed here:
For example, you can kill all queued jobs with the following command, run from AtoM's root installation directory (which is typically /usr/share/nginx/atom if you've followed our recommended installation instructions):
  • php symfony jobs:clear
After that, you'll probably want to restart the job scheduler. If you're on Ubuntu 16.04 or 18.04, then the command to do so is:
  • sudo systemctl restart atom-worker
You can check that it's running correctly with:
  • sudo systemctl status atom-worker
Note that the jobs:clear task will also clear all other queued jobs that haven't been able to run while the stalled job was blocking the queue. If you have a huge backlog of them (from 2018!?!) then honestly it might be best to kill the entire queue, and only relaunch needed jobs once you've double-checked that everything is working as expected.

However, if you do want to just kill the one specific job, there is a way, but it involves using SQL. Note that we strongly recommend that you make a backup before using SQL on a production instance

First, you'll need to be able to access the MySQL command prompt. This involves knowing the username and password used when installing MySQL - the following link includes information on where to find this if you don't know or remember. See:
To make a backup of your database, see:
Now to kill a specific stalled job instead of clearing the entire queue, see:
Please be sure to read over the other useful information in the Job scheduler section of the troubleshooting page. There are commands to restart the job scheduler, and check its status. There is also, in later versions of AtoM, a fail counter that may need to be reset if the job scheduler has tried to restart more than 3 times in 24 hours. These will be helpful as you try to check on the status of everything after running some of these commands.

This Troubleshooting page will have a lot of other useful information for you as well, such as how to check the webserver error logs, and how to run common maintenance tasks. Hopefully this will help you get your site working as expected again!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.