Full-width treeview sorting

Damian Bauder

Nov 21, 2018, 10:06:06 AM11/21/18
to AtoM Users
Quick question (probably not a quick answer): is it possible to change the sort order for the full-width treeview control? Currently, it seems to be loading more recently imported items at the top of the treeview. The sidebar has options to sort by identifier and title, but I see no such options for the full-width.

We sometimes import hundreds or thousands of records at a time, so manually reordering the sibling records would be next to impossible.

Thanks,

Damian

Dan Gillean

Nov 21, 2018, 11:59:47 AM11/21/18
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Damian,

There are some known and thorny issues with the other treeview sort options on the sidebar treeview, so generally, we don't recommend using them if at all possible. For this reason, they were not implemented on the fullwidth treeview when that was introduced.

One thing that might help: there was a bug in 2.4.0 where the full-width treeview was not respecting the sort order of files in a CSV import performed from the command-line, which we've fixed in the 2.4.1 release. You can see the related issue ticket here, and a related forum thread here. If you're seeing newest imports appearing at the top of the tree, that sounds like the behavior of this bug, so hopefully upgrading will help resolve the issue. After upgrading, the order of your records in the CSV should be respected, and new descriptions added to an existing hierarchy should appear lower in the tree. Since you're a hosted AtoM user with Artefactual, please know that we're starting the upgrade process now, and will be in touch soon!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.