How to translate actor-relation-type taxonomies locally

Evgeny Enikeev

Apr 22, 2024, 12:54:59 PMApr 22
to AtoM Users

Hello.
I can't translate the name of the temporal family associative hierarchical taxonomies in the AtoM interface because they don't have an "Edit" button. So I translated them into weblate, but as I understand it, the translation I made will only be available with the next AtoM update.
As far as I understand, translations of taxonomies for different languages are stored in the file https://github.com/artefactual/atom/blob/qa/2.x/data/fixtures/taxonomyTerms.yml (/usr/share/nginx/atom/data /fixtures/taxonomyTerms.yml). I translated the above taxonomies into Russian in the local taxonomyTerms.yml file, cleared the cache and rebuilt the search index, but these taxonomies were not translated in the AtoM interface.
Please tell me how I can translate taxonomies locally before the update comes out.

Dan Gillean

Apr 23, 2024, 10:59:29 AMApr 23
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Evegeny,

It is not ideal, but perhaps using SQL could help? I have described a similar workaround in this thread:
Be sure to back up your database first, and proceed at your own risk, as with any SQL use!

Hope this helps,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.