Gearmand version

Avatar Bhola

Apr 22, 2021, 3:41:33 PM4/22/21
to AtoM Users
Hello everyone, I was wondering which version of gearmand is everyone using. I am trying to make the gearman.so extension file for PHP, but I keep on running into error.

Thank you for your time.

José Raddaoui

Apr 23, 2021, 5:11:57 AM4/23/21
to AtoM Users
Hi,

AtoM does not require a PHP Gearman extension, all it needs to connect to the Gearmand server is included in the source code.

Best regards,
Radda.

Avatar Bhola

Apr 23, 2021, 9:16:39 AM4/23/21
to AtoM Users
Thanks for the reply.

I have AtoM connected to the server however I am still getting the  No Gearman worker available that can handle the job arFileImportJob. error.
 When I look at the Gearmand server rebose it shows it connects briefly then disconnects.

Dan Gillean

Apr 23, 2021, 9:29:00 AM4/23/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

If you have tried using a version of the configuration file we provide for Ubuntu in your Windows installation, then you may be encountering the restart limit we have added, so that the job scheduler does not get caught in a loop of failing and trying to restart endlessly. See the note at the bottom of this section:

If the worker hits the start rate limit (3 starts in 24h) to be able to start it again after fixing the issue, the failed status has to be cleared:

sudo systemctl reset-failed atom-worker
sudo systemctl start atom-worker

The commands would of course be different in a Windows installation but this might help you investigate. In our sample service configuration, it is these two lines that add the retart limit:

StartLimitIntervalSec=24h
StartLimitBurst=3

Hopefully that will help with your troubleshooting!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Avatar Bhola

Apr 23, 2021, 11:18:04 AM4/23/21
to AtoM Users
I think the biggest issue foe me is I cannot start an Atom-Worker. I can start a regular worker in cygwin (pseudo linux environment) and when I try to do job like importing a file
it does infact return a code. I believe my issue is I am not opening the right worker.

Ricardo Pinho

Apr 23, 2021, 4:50:19 PM4/23/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi  'Avatar Bhola".
Just try to uninstall and reinstall gearman.
I had a similar situation and it solved it...
sudo apt remove gearman-job-server

sudo apt install gearman-job-server

Cheers,
Ricardo Pinho

--
Ricardo Pinho

Avatar Bhola

Apr 23, 2021, 4:56:01 PM4/23/21
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the suggestion although I am in a window’s environment I will try to reinstall.

I’ll let give the results.

Again, I appreciate the suggestions.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information, including patient information protected by federal and state privacy laws. It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email, report the error to FAU’s Chief Compliance Officer, and destroy all copies of the original message.