ERROR: Task "tools:install" is not defined

Jim McGrath (uOttawa)

Jul 23, 2021, 2:12:42 PM7/23/21
to AtoM Users
We are setting up a new DEV environment in preparation of upgrading our PROD AtoM install.  We are running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, and following the instructions at https://tinyurl.com/yz8z2mvv on the vendor site, except used 2.6 instead of 2.7.

I did notice that there was no step to install NGINX, but hadn't noticed until I got to the end and was trying extract the tarball and complained when I couldn't create the /usr/share/nginx/atom directory.  I installed NGINX but now when I get to the actual AtoM install and run the command 'php symfony tools:install', it's coming back with an error that it is 'undefined'.  I googled but haven't found anything.  Has anyone come across this and have a solution for it?  Have I missed some step somewhere?  I have did snapshots after each step, and have rebooted to make sure all services are running but it gives the same error.  Any advice would be great, thanks in advance!

José Raddaoui

Jul 23, 2021, 2:57:48 PM7/23/21
to AtoM Users

Hi Jim,

If you are installing 2.6 you should follow the 2.6 install documentation, which uses the web installer:

Also, the 2.6 version has not been tested in Ubuntu 20.04 nor PHP 7.4, so you may want to use Ubuntu 18.04 until the 2.7 release.

Best regards,
Radda.

Dan Gillean

Jul 23, 2021, 4:09:24 PM7/23/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Jim,

A bit more context:

In the 2.7 version, we have fully removed the web installer, replacing it with a command-line installer instead. This should address some of the common timeout errors reported during the installation process in previous releases.

The tools:install task is that new CLI installer - it's documented separately in 2.7 so if needed, users can run it again outside of the full installation process. As you may have guessed by now, this task doesn't exist in 2.6; hence the error.

There is still a section in the 2.7 documentation to install Nginx. However, we've altered the order of operations, in part to try to prevent a common user error of visiting the web application in the browser before the installation process is fully completed (and thereby sometimes leading to incomplete installations). For 2.7, all previous installation steps have been tested and should work as expected with this change.

As José has noted, you may run into unexpected issues if you attempt to use Ubuntu 20.04 and PHP 7.4 with AtoM 2.6! We version the documentation per major release so that we can provide tested and trusted instructions for each one separately, and recommend following them.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.