ListRecords OAI EAD

Assigned to da...@artefactual.com by me

José Anjos

Dec 21, 2017, 6:53:10 AM12/21/17
to AtoM Users
Hello everybody,

Just to let you know that I've tested my OAI PMH on http://validator.oaipmh.com/

On ListRecords OAI_DC and ListRecords OAI_EAD I have this warning:
Content type text/xml; charset=utf-8

On ListRecords OAI_EAD I have this error:
Line 6, Column 0, Element '{http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/}error': This element is not expected. Expected is ( {http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/}record ).

I've tested on your demo (https://demo.accesstomemory.org/;oai) with same results.

Cheers

David at Artefactual

Dec 28, 2017, 3:10:20 PM12/28/17
to AtoM Users
Hello José,

Thank you for reporting the OAI-PMH validation errors you encountered.  I've responded individual to the two reported errors below:

On ListRecords OAI_DC and ListRecords OAI_EAD I have this warning:
Content type text/xml; charset=utf-8

I think this warning is due to the lowercase "utf-8" charset value, where OAI-PMH specifies all caps "UTF-8".  I've created bug ticket #11829 for this error and targeted it for a fix in the AtoM 2.5 release.  This may get bumped up for a fix in the 2.4.1 release if we have a fix ready in time.

On ListRecords OAI_EAD I have this error:
Line 6, Column 0, Element '{http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/}error': This element is not expected. Expected is ( {http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/}record ).

This error is the more severe of the two in my opinion, as the oai_ead response format was added in 2.4 and we thought it was working correctly.  I've created but ticket #11827 for this issue, and targeted it for fixing in the AtoM 2.4.1 patch release.

Best regards,
David