FAILED TO ADD TO CLIPBOARD

AMINATA TRAORE

May 4, 2024, 5:28:44 AMMay 4
to AtoM Users
Hi all,
I'm having a problem with my new Atom v2.8.1 installation
When I try to add a document to the clipboard, nothing goes wrong and the document doesn't go to the clipboard
Please help me

Dan Gillean

May 6, 2024, 8:40:45 AMMay 6
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aminata,

Can you tell us a bit more about your installation, and the issue? Such as:

  • What is the full version number, shown in Admin > Settings?
  • Did you follow the recommended installation instructions for your version? E.g. using Ubuntu 20.04, PHP 7.4, MySQL 8.0, Elasticsearch 5.6, Nginx, etc? If no, what changes have you made?
  • Did you install using our downloadable tarball (Option 1 in the installation instructions) or by using our GitHub code repository (Option 2)?
  • Does your installation meet our recommended minimum technical requirements? (e.g. at least 2vCPU; at least 7GB RAM, at least 50GB disk space)?
  • Does your AtoM installation have any local code changes or customizations, including a custom theme?
  • What browser are you using? Have you tried in a different browser, or tried clearing your browser cache?
  • Does the clipboard work on other AtoM sites for you - for example, on our public demo site?
  • Is the behavior any different if you are logged in or logged out?
  • Anything else we should know?
Hopefully with some more information, we can offer some suggestions on next steps.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

AMINATA TRAORE

May 6, 2024, 12:25:17 PMMay 6
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
  • What is the full version number, shown in Admin > Settings?
my atom version is 2.8.1-193
  • Did you follow the recommended installation instructions for your version? E.g. using Ubuntu 20.04, PHP 7.4, MySQL 8.0, Elasticsearch 5.6, Nginx, etc? If no, what changes have you made?
yes i followed the installations recommendation using Ubuntu 20.04.06, PHP 7.4.3, MySQL 8.0.36, Elasticsearch 5.6.16, Nginx
  • Did you install using our downloadable tarball (Option 1 in the installation instructions) or by using our GitHub code repository (Option 2)?
for my installation , i use option1 installation with the tarball download
For my server installation, i use 2cpu, 7 GB RAM, and 127 GB for disk space
  • What browser are you using? Have you tried in a different browser, or tried clearing your browser cache?
i ch
  • Does the clipboard work on other AtoM sites for you - for example, on our public demo site?
  • Is the behavior any different if you are logged in or logged out?
  • Anything else we should know?
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/CAC1FhZJWsctSL7BytTp3XmMdQwLO91PKs%2BYhLH-%3Dy%2Bv6Si2Juw%40mail.gmail.com.

AMINATA TRAORE

May 6, 2024, 12:28:20 PMMay 6
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
  • What browser are you using? Have you tried in a different browser, or tried clearing your browser cache?
i change the browser to see and i have the same problem (edge and chrome)
  • Does the clipboard work on other AtoM sites for you - for example, on our public demo site?
in the demosite, clipboard work normally
  • Is the behavior any different if you are logged in or logged out?
no, it is the same problem if i am logged or logged out

Le lun. 6 mai 2024 à 12:40, 'Dan Gillean' via AtoM Users <ica-ato...@googlegroups.com> a écrit :
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AtoM Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ica-atom-users/CAC1FhZJWsctSL7BytTp3XmMdQwLO91PKs%2BYhLH-%3Dy%2Bv6Si2Juw%40mail.gmail.com.

Dan Gillean

May 6, 2024, 3:25:40 PMMay 6
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Thanks for all the responses - you missed one question that actually could be the cause: are you using a custom theme plugin, and/or have you made any code changes or customizations in your AtoM instance?

Additionally, one of our developers has suggested that you check the browser console to see if there are any useful error messages captured there. If using Chrome, you can do this by:
  • Navigating to browse or view page (any page with a clipboard button that isn't working
  • Right-click somewhere on the page, and select "Inspect" from the context menu
  • A pane will open up - at first, it will likely be displaying the HMTL and CSS from the page you are viewing
  • There should be tabs at the top of this pane - click over to the one that says "Console"
  • Now, while watching the console pane, try adding a description to the clipboard
Is any error message registered in the browser's console pane during this operation? If yes, please share it with us.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

AMINATA TRAORE

May 7, 2024, 5:55:56 AMMay 7
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
No i have not using a custom theme plugin
all is in default configuration

In the browser i have this error:
image.png

Dan Gillean

May 7, 2024, 12:04:35 PMMay 7
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com

Hello again Aminata,

It turns out that this is in fact a regression in AtoM - there is an issue filed here for it:
The issue has been patched in our development branch already, but that fix is not yet included in a public release. The fix is in this pull request:
Your options for addressing this right now are essentially:
Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.