Aymará Pais

May 8, 2018, 7:24:18 AM5/8/18
to AtoM Users
Hi! It´s great 2.4 AtoM. Thank you very much!

I want to know how to published a draft description. I coudln´t make it work. In preview AtoM version this function was available in Administration Area but in 2.4 I dind´t find it. I tried with the option Status, using "Final" at Description control area, but it didn´t work.

Can you help me with this?
Thank you!
Aymará

Jenny Mitcham

May 8, 2018, 7:28:13 AM5/8/18
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We struggled to find this at first too! :-)

It has moved to the 'More' button at the bottom of the page and is called 'update publication status'

image.png

Cheers,
Jen

Jenny Mitcham
Digital Archivist
Borthwick Institute for Archives
University of York
Heslington
York
YO10 5DD

Telephone: 01904 321170

Borthwick Institute website: http://www.york.ac.uk/borthwick/
Digital archiving blog: http://digital-archiving.blogspot.co.uk/
Twitter: @Jenny_Mitcham
Skype: jenny_mitcham

Dan Gillean

May 8, 2018, 10:24:58 AM5/8/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Thanks Jen!

Aymará, the reason it was moved was because we are now using the job scheduler to handle publication status updates asynchronously. Previously they were done in real time via the web browser - but if you had many desecendants, then the operation could sometimes time out mid process and fail, which caused data corruption. This way, the job scheduler handles the update of lower-level records in the background, so the web browser will not time out.

Because it is a job, we couldn't leave it in the edit template, because we need to first save the user data before kicking off a job. So now it's in the More button menu, as Jen indicated.

For this to work, you will need to ensure that your AtoM installation includes the gearman job scheduler. Installation and configuration instructions for the job scheduler can be found here:
For step by step instructions on using the new publication status update, see:

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056