Installation Atom 2.4 problem

Roberto Rossini

Jan 3, 2018, 6:08:04 AM1/3/18
to AtoM Users
When I try to install on index page [IP]/index.php/sfInstallPlugin/loadData the server return 504 Gateway Time-out and on error.log of nginx I see this:

 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message:  [wrapped: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1412 Table definition has changed, please retry transaction]

Have any suggest for resolving this problem?

Pleaseee help

Dan Gillean

Jan 3, 2018, 1:42:43 PM1/3/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Roberto,

I haven't seen this error before. Is this a clean installation, or are you trying to load a sqldump from a previous installation (AKA, upgrade)?

I would suggest that you start by purging everything, and then trying to drop the current database, and recreate a new one.

To ensure that all data is purged from your AtoM database, you can use the following task, run from the root AtoM directory (aka /usr/share/nginx/atom if you have followed our recommended installation instructions). Obviously, be aware: this will delete ALL data in your AtoM installation! If you need, you can create a SQLdump first, in case you need to recover it. You can see our upgrade documentation for instructions on how to do so.

To purge all data:
  • php symfony tools:purge
Now let's try dropping and recreating the database. You'll need to know the username, password, and database name you used during installation. If you don't recall what credentials you used, you can try looking in your config/config.php file:
Here's the SQL command to drop and recreate the database:
  • mysql -u username -p -e 'drop database new_database; create database new_database character set utf8 collate utf8_unicode_ci;'
If you are still having issues with 504 timeouts, then you might want to look at the suggestions found in other threads on this topic. I would suggest you begin by reviewing the suggestions found here:
You can also see all posts that we've tagged "504-timeout" in the last year+ since we started using tags, to look for further suggestions:
Let's start with these suggestions, and see how they go - let us know what happens!

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

enrique...@factumfoundation.org

Dec 17, 2018, 7:51:27 PM12/17/18
to AtoM Users
Hi!

I've experience the same problem installing AtoM 2.4.1 in Ubuntu 16.04.
Thanks Dan!, for me worked the first step that you recommend. After the browser fails with the time out error opeing [IP]/index.php/sfInstallPlugin/loadData, this worked for me:

cd /usr/share/nginx/atom
sudo php symfony tools:purge

As I was installing AtoM in a new server, for me was no problem to reset the database.

best

Dan Gillean

Dec 18, 2018, 10:12:22 AM12/18/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Enrique,

I'm glad this solution worked for you! Let us know if you run into any other problems.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.