Plugin developpement

louis...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2014, 7:28:27 AM7/3/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We are testing the platform Atom for our organization, and we are quite enthusiastic for the project at the moment.

I have one question for the community because i didn't find the answer anywhere.

Is there any tutorials or  documentations to make some personals plugins (if have advanced knowledge in PHP//JavaScript).

Thank you.

Sarah Romkey

Jul 3, 2014, 10:50:44 AM7/3/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Dear Louis,

Thank you for posting, and welcome to the AtoM community!

If you are referring to plugins to apply a custom theme, we do not have any tutorials available per se, but AtoM 2.x comes shipped with two themes- the default, called Dominion, and a second called ArchivesCanada. The ArchivesCanada theme was written as a customization of the Dominion theme, with the intention that users could look at the code for each to get an idea of how to write their own.

This would be a great opportunity for other community members to jump in with ideas of how they approached their own plugins and customizations- I hope there are some ideas out there! Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Cheers,

Sarah Romkey, MAS,MLIS
Systems Archivist
Artefactual Systems
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory / @ArchivesSarah

louis...@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2014, 3:00:05 AM7/4/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com, louis...@gmail.com
Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your response.

We have already look for the customs themes.

My question was more for plugins to add some features.

Indeed we have a list of plugins enable in the admin panel, i thought that it should have to be a documentation to make ours.

Jesús García Crespo

Jul 4, 2014, 3:46:42 PM7/4/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Louis,

We never felt the need to document the plugin development process because it's purely based on symfony1's plugins system, which is well documented in the official docs:

There's also a plugins site with almost 1500 open source plugins that can serve as a great reference: http://www.symfony-project.org/plugins/

We have 27 plugins in AtoM and they are all available here: https://github.com/artefactual/atom/tree/2.x/plugins. Some of them are just themes but others do some neat stuff like extending AtoM with a HTTP-based API or adding extra authentication mechanisms.

I'm sure that you'll have more questions when you start digging into development. Don't hesitate to write us again!

Regards,

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 4:28 AM, <louis...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Jesús García Crespo,
Software Engineer, Artefactual Systems Inc.

louis...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2014, 6:17:06 AM7/7/14
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com, louis...@gmail.com
Dear Jesus,

Thank you for your answer, i think i have everything i needed to know now.

I will start digging !!!