Ricardo Pinho

Sep 26, 2016, 9:27:03 AM9/26/16
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I'm using AtoM 2.2.1 installed on a clean install of Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS, based on this guide lines.

I need to change the site default language from en to pt.
As instructed here I've edited the file /usr/share/nginx/atom/apps/qubit/config/settings.yml to change the line "default_culture: en" to "default_culture: pt"

Unfortunately after a clear cache or even after a machine reboot, that change had no effect on the initial site language, that remains EN.

Is this the correct configuration file that I need to edit?
Must I do any further configuration changes?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
--
Ricardo Pinho

Sara - Artefactual

Sep 26, 2016, 2:54:31 PM9/26/16
to AtoM Users
Hi Ricardo,

I don't have a 2.2.1 instance to test, but I gave this a try on my 2.3 VM and it worked as expected. I did have to clear my browser cache, which isn't mentioned in the documentation. You may also need to rebuild the search index (php symfony search:populate) and restart services (sudo service php5-fpm restart and sudo /etc/init.d/memcached restart, maybe others as well).

Regards,

Sara

Ricardo Pinho

Sep 27, 2016, 5:05:21 AM9/27/16
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sara,

Thank you for the reply.
Today when I entered the site, for some reason, the default language was indeed pt.

But then I tried to change it back to en,
edited /usr/share/nginx/atom/apps/qubit/config/settings.yml
default_culture: en

Then:
1. Clear all browser cache! (even with ccleaner)

2. Rebuild index:
cd /usr/share/nginx/atom
sudo -u www-data php symfony search:populate

3. Restart services:
sudo service php5-fpm restart
sudo /etc/init.d/memcached restart

4. And even:
sudo reboot

But the site keeps on pt!

It seems that there is some kind of temporary settings.yml in use that doesn't allow immediate change of default_culture language.

PS.
I'm not using AtoM 2.3 because I was not able to successful finish the installation on a fresh ubuntu server 14.04 (32bit) using the:
wget https://storage.accesstomemory.org/releases/atom-2.3.0.tar.gz
It ended with a "The "i18n" object does not exist in the current context" during the web installer 3rd step fase.
Then I decided to use the previous version, with no problem!

Cheers,
Ricardo Pinho

Ricardo Pinho

Ricardo Pinho

Sep 27, 2016, 6:34:52 AM9/27/16
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I think I've solved the problem: "The settings.yml configuration file is cached as a PHP file"

Here is the sequence:
1. Edit the default_culture to whatever you need:
sudo vi /usr/share/nginx/atom/apps/qubit/config/settings.yml
default_culture: pt

2. Delete all cache files from prod (production) dir:
sudo rm /usr/share/nginx/atom/cache/qubit/prod/config/*

3. Restart services:
sudo service php5-fpm restart
sudo /etc/init.d/memcached restart

Just refresh the browser (F5).

Cheers,
Ricardo Pinho

Ricardo Pinho

--
Ricardo Pinho

Sara - Artefactual

Sep 27, 2016, 1:30:19 PM9/27/16
to AtoM Users
Thanks for posting your solution, Ricardo! I gave it a try and it seems to work perfectly. We'll test it a few more times and then likely incorporate it into the original documentation for future use.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge with the AtoM community!

Sara

Ricardo Pinho

Sep 28, 2016, 4:35:32 AM9/28/16
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
You are welcome.

On step 2. eventually you only need to delete the corresponding "config_settings.yml.php" file.
sudo rm /usr/share/nginx/atom/cache/qubit/prod/config/config_settings.yml.php

I haven't tested it yet, but if you are going to incorporate it in the original documentation, it would be more exact.

Cheers,
--
Ricardo Pinho