Public Users Access

Uriel Battisti

Oct 8, 2018, 11:29:14 AM10/8/18
to AtoM Users
Users Issue,

Sorry if I sound dumb, but while reading the Atom documentation I haven't found any reference to that. I'm not an IT expert, so I hope somebody can help me sort things out.
The website and the DB we have created with ICA-Atom has not been officially published yet.
While logged in as an administrator, working on uploading digital objects and archival descriptions, I can access all materials, and when I log out, all materials and descriptions become invisible.
How is it possible to view and access all the uploaded descriptions and digital objects, without necesssarily having to be logged in as an administrator?
How can we make all the uploaded contents become available online for public users?
Our Atom version is 2.4.0

I need to understand in a simple language how to make it work. Any comments on how I can solve that are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Uriel Battisti

Corinne Rogers

Oct 8, 2018, 1:36:08 PM10/8/18
to AtoM Users
Hi Uriel,

You say that your website and DB are not officially published yet - I assume you mean that all your descriptions are still draft. In order for public users - that is, anyone not logged into your site - to see your descriptions, you need to change the publication status from 'draft' to 'published'. You can read more about publishing descriptions here: https://www.accesstomemory.org/en/docs/2.4/user-manual/add-edit-content/archival-descriptions/#publish-an-archival-description

Note that when you are publishing a top level description you can choose "inherit publication status" so that all lower level descriptions will also be published. If you need to restrict access to certain lower level descriptions you can do so by not choosing the inherit function, and manually publishing those description you want to be public.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

best regards,
Corinne

Corinne Rogers, MAS, PhD
Systems Archivist
Artefactual Systems

Uriel Battisti

Oct 8, 2018, 4:03:24 PM10/8/18
to AtoM Users
Hi Corinne,

I now found  it and was able to publish my descriptions. When I change the publication status to 'published' it's ok, it works, but then if I select the tick box to update all descendants, the server returns me an error message:

Sorry, something went wrong.
The server returned a 500 Internal Server Error.

Try again a little later or ask in the discussion group.

Any suggestions on how can I solve this? Don't know what could be wrong at this point.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Uriel

Corinne Rogers

Oct 8, 2018, 5:20:04 PM10/8/18
to AtoM Users
Hi Uriel,

This sounds like it might be a job scheduler issue. Please have a look at this thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/ica-atom-users/500$20server$20error|sort:date/ica-atom-users/Alz5jQPKIWE/nGpXfk7sBAAJ and see if the solutions posted here solve your issue.

Keep us posted!

best,
Corinne

Uriel Battisti

Oct 10, 2018, 9:41:15 AM10/10/18
to AtoM Users
Hi Corinne,

We finally found a solution.

We had updated the server to php7 and to correct this issue we changed  the path  in the configuration of  /usr/lib/systemd/system/atom-worker.service
The old path was /usr/bin/php but we corrected it to  /usr/bin/php7.0

This is the new parameter

ExecStart=/usr/bin/php7.0 -d memory_limit=-1 -d error_reporting="E_ALL" symfony jobs:worker

After that

sudo systemctl daemon-reload

sudo systemctl restart atom-worker

Now we can update publication status to  all descendants without errors.

Now everything in the DB is working properly.

Uriel Battisti

Oct 10, 2018, 9:41:23 AM10/10/18
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Corinne,

We finally found a solution.

We had updated the server to php7 and to correct this issue we changed  the path  in the configuration of  /usr/lib/systemd/system/atom-worker.service
The old path was /usr/bin/php but we corrected it to  /usr/bin/php7.0

This is the new parameter

ExecStart=/usr/bin/php7.0 -d memory_limit=-1 -d error_reporting="E_ALL" symfony jobs:worker

After that

sudo systemctl daemon-reload

sudo systemctl restart atom-worker

Now we can update the publication status to  all descendants without errors and everything in the DB is working properly.

Corinne Rogers

Oct 10, 2018, 12:18:13 PM10/10/18
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
That's great, Uriel - I'm glad everything is working again!
cheers,
Corinne

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 6:41 AM, Uriel Battisti <ubat...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Corinne,

We finally found a solution.

We had updated the server to php7 and to correct this issue we changed  the path  in the configuration of  /usr/lib/systemd/system/atom-worker.service
The old path was /usr/bin/php but we corrected it to  /usr/bin/php7.0

This is the new parameter

ExecStart=/usr/bin/php7.0 -d memory_limit=-1 -d error_reporting="E_ALL" symfony jobs:worker

After that

sudo systemctl daemon-reload

sudo systemctl restart atom-worker

Now we can update publication status to  all descendants without errors.

Now everything in the DB is working properly.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Uriel

Corinne Rogers MAS, PhD
Systems Analyst