Preservica compatibility

Catriona Cannon

Aug 9, 2021, 7:25:46 AM8/9/21
to AtoM Users
Hello,

We have recently moved from a CALM to an AtoM catalogue and are now working with the City Council to potentially acquire Preservica as a DP solution. Having spoken to Preservica, I know that they have had a look at APIs on their end to investigate whether or not they can offer catalogue integration with AtoM (currently they offer catalog integration with Adlib, ArchivesSpace or CALM). From their investigations it does appear to be, however,  they require Artefactual to do similar checks on their end.

Can anyone advise on AtoM/Preservica catalogue integration compatibility?

Thank you,
Catriona

Catriona Cannon | Archivist (Civic and Public Records)

Explore York Libraries & Archives

Library Square | Museum Street  | York YO1 7DS

www.exploreyork.org.uk | facebook.com/ExploreYorkLibrariesandArchives | @YorkLibrariesUK

Dan Gillean

Aug 9, 2021, 10:36:10 AM8/9/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Catriona,

For the best end user experience, I do think that development would need to take place in both Preservica and AtoM for a good integration.

We are doing some analysis for a client now on such an integration - however, the project assumes no budget or method for making changes in Preservica to support the integration. Consequently, there will be some very manual parts of the resulting workflow that may not be an ideal user experience.

For this reason, should the work proceed it is possible we will not include it directly in AtoM until it can be refined and generalized. However, like all of our outputs, we will make it freely available once it's completed, just likely in a separate repository with no guarantee of ongoing development and maintenance, until the integration becomes more usable (i.e. further work to strengthen and refine the integration is done).

Hope this helps!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.