Level of description underlined in tree-view

Carolina Melo

Mar 13, 2017, 9:05:06 AM3/13/17
to AtoM Users

Hello, guys!

I have a silly question, nothing much important, but it's the kind of thing I would like to change.

When the metadata.csv file (ISAD format) is imported into AtoM, the tree-view shows the names of the archival descriptions. Only the names.
But when I add an archival description manually in AtoM using ISAD template, the tree-view shows the level of description underlined and the name of the archival description.
The same thing happens when the archival descriptions are uploaded from Archivematica into AtoM.
I would like to see only the names of the archival descriptions on tree-view. Is there any change I can make to get what I want?

Eg.: As you can see in the image bellow, the level of description "Documentos Diversos" is underlined on tree-view, but the other descriptions show only their names on tree-view.

When I click on the description "Aniversariantes", I can see the level of description in the identity area.

Dan Gillean

Mar 13, 2017, 5:18:20 PM3/13/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Carolina,

This is very interesting; I have never seen the issue of some levels not displaying in the full-width treeview before. I will try to investigate this further.

However, note that currently there is no way in the user interface to choose whether or not the level of description appears, or to change how it is styled (i.e. underlined). Changing this would require development to modify the existing code.

You might be interested to know that in the next version of AtoM (2.4), the full-width treeview will have some customization options to allow an admin to choose what appears in each node - level of description, identifier or ref code, and date of creation. For more information, see the following public feature request ticket:

So, when 2.4 is released, you will have the option of hiding the Level of description in the full-width treeview if you prefer.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Carolina Melo

Mar 14, 2017, 7:10:04 AM3/14/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Great news, Dan!
And when do you expect the version 2.4 will be released?

Best regards,

Carolina Melo

Dan Gillean

Mar 14, 2017, 1:07:03 PM3/14/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
We do not have a firm release date, but we are *tentatively* aiming for a release in May 2017.

The exact timing will depend on the status of our current development projects, how many issues are uncovered during the testing and packaging phase, and how many resources we have available internally to work on this, as it is of course unsponsored work we carry out for the benefit of the community, and to be able to continue doing so, we need to prioritize meeting our paid contract deadlines so we can continue to support our open source projects.

As we get closer to May, I will continue to provide updates as I have them.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Clara Rosales

Mar 15, 2017, 9:19:12 AM3/15/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hello Carolina!
I think that information is not show in the treeview because when you did the CSV import the "
Documentos Diversos" description level was not created in english language previously.
Please, can you enter in Manage> Taxonomies> Levels of description and check that the description level "Miscellaneous Documents" is assigned a name in english?

Cheers,

Clara

Carolina Melo

Mar 15, 2017, 10:12:53 AM3/15/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Clara!
I think you've just solved my problem.

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Clara Rosales <clara...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Dan Gillean

Mar 15, 2017, 1:18:44 PM3/15/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Yes, thanks for this insight, Clara! When I have time I will test further - it seems that perhaps culture fallback does not work on the treeview, and I can file an issue ticket.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.