ImportSelect permissions

ism...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2021, 7:06:46 AM2/18/21
to AtoM Users
Good morning, I have created a new user group to be similar to the administrator even though they cannot manage users. The problem is that they can't Import CSV, they don't have authorization.

I have tried to override the security.yml file of the object module config where the administrator credentials appear as the only credentials and I have added my new group. I have cleared the cache and tested, but it remains the same, what am I doing wrong? Greetings.

Dan Gillean

Feb 22, 2021, 5:46:12 PM2/22/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Isabel,

I'll have to ask our team to make sure you're looking at the right security.yml file, but the general process you've described should work, even for custom groups. One tip: when there are multiple groups in the security file, the format is a bit different. Here's an example from the accessions module that might be useful for reference:
Make sure to add the double square brackets and preserve the same spacing and commas between group names. Ideally, make your custom group one word to avoid spacing in the group name having unintended consequences. Clear the cache and restart PHP-FPM after making changes.

Let us know if it helps! If not, I'll see if any of the developers have further thoughts.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.