Issues installing AtoM

Pedro Marcos Abreu Bernardo

Mar 23, 2022, 3:27:48 PM3/23/22
to AtoM Users
Hi everyone!

I'm having some issues installing AtoM on my computer and I don't know what is happening seen that I'm following the installation document by the letter.

When, it comes to the 'Run the web installer' section, I'm not able to access the web installer, it shows an error message (as in the image below).

Can anyone tell what I'm doing wrong?

Screenshot from 2022-03-23 16-26-17.png

urph...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2022, 4:02:08 PM3/23/22
to AtoM Users
Hi pedro,
You tried to see the logs?

sudo tail -f /var/log/nginx/error.log

According to that we can help you better.

Regards,

Dan Gillean

Mar 24, 2022, 8:25:36 AM3/24/22
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Pedro,

Urphilita has provided excellent advice! Any time you encounter a 500 error message, the first thing we recommend is checking the web server logs for more information. As suggested, if you're not sure what the log entry means, feel free to share it here so we can offer further suggestions.

In the meantime, it's possible that you are encountering a known issue that can lead the web installer to time out during the installation process. Fortunately, there are a couple easy workarounds you can try - see this thread:
In the upcoming 2.7 AtoM release, we have replaced the web installer with a fully command-line based installation process to avoid these kinds of time out issues.

It's also possible that there is a permissions issue - you can try re-running the filesystem permissions command listed below to see if it helps:
Finally just in case: I noticed that you mentioned installing AtoM "on my computer." Just to be clear, AtoM is intended to be installed on a linux-based server, and not on a personal computer like a desktop or laptop. If you are looking for a way to set up a local test environment on a personal computer, please see our Vagrant box instructions:
Note that the Vagrant box is intended for local testing and development - is is not sufficiently resourced to be used as a public facing production installation!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.