Is it possible to obtain a list of all actors over the API?

Tonio Seiler

Feb 2, 2021, 8:34:15 AM2/2/21
to AtoM Users

Something like /actor/browse in the frontend?
Best would be to if it can be filtered by type.
Something like this:
actor/browse?entityType=131

Nothing like this is documented.

Dan Gillean

Feb 2, 2021, 10:18:56 AM2/2/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Tonio,

I have just answered you on the other thread you posted:

Unfortunately, AtoM's API endpoints are pretty limited at the moment, and do not include endpoints for authority records. You can see our available endpoints documented here:

One thing you could investigate:

Elasticsearch, the search index that AtoM uses, has its own API endpoints, and we do have full search support for authorities. It's possible you could get authority data out of AtoM using the Elasticsearch API endpoints. You'll have to look into the ES documentation for more information, however. AtoM 2.5 and later currently uses Elasticsearch version 5.6.

Good luck!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.