Install failing with Elasticsearch

p...@das-werkstatt.com

Jan 11, 2018, 4:21:57 PM1/11/18
to AtoM Users
Doing my first AtoM installation (on Debian 9):

I've followed the instructions for Ubuntu 16.04, except I couldn't install Elasticsearch as described there.

First, I've installed the GPG key:
$ wget -qO - http://packages.elasticsearch.org/GPG-KEY-elasticsearch | sudo apt-key add -

Then apt-get update returns the following error:
W: GPG error: http://packages.elasticsearch.org/elasticsearch/1.7/debian stable Release: The following signatures were invalid: 46095ACC8548582C1A2699A9D27D666CD88E42B4
: The repository 'http://packages.elasticsearch.org/elasticsearch/1.7/debian stable Release' is not signed.
: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use.

I've tried re-adding the key, but nothing changes.

Any ideas?
Thank you very much in advance.

Dan Gillean

Jan 11, 2018, 5:34:37 PM1/11/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Peter,

I tried doing a bit of searching, and I'm wondering if this is occurring because Elasticsearch has changed all their URLs? See:
Let us know if the apt instructions there work better - if so, I'll have our developers review, and we'll update the documentation to reflect this.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Dan Gillean

Jan 12, 2018, 3:16:24 PM1/12/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi again Peter,

Another user passed on a suggestion to me I thought I'd share, in case it helps. He noticed that "the errors aren't actual errors, merely warnings (W:) and a Notice (N:). I wonder if Peter types sudo apt-get install --assume-yes elasticsearch=1.7.6 whether apt  will play ball and install it."

If the above solution doesn't work, this might! Let us know how you're getting on.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

p...@das-werkstatt.com

Jan 15, 2018, 3:30:39 PM1/15/18
to AtoM Users
Thanks for your replies!

I saw the change of repo-urls, yet the key was the same - and also the non-signed "Releases" file :(

And I'm aware that it's "only a warning", but:
Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use.

So I think it's not good practice to accommodate sysadmins to non-signed repos ;)

However, I've solved it in this way:
I've installed the .deb package for v1.7.6 and manually verified it against its sha1.
Then I've ran:
$ sudo php symfony search:populate --exclude-types="term,actor,informationobject"

And was able to continue the install without errors :)

How can I test if it works properly now?

Dan Gillean

Jan 15, 2018, 4:05:16 PM1/15/18
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the updates - glad to hear you might have found a workaround.

Can you run a full index now without excluding any types?
Can you create a test entity for most of the types, and then find them via search?  e.g. a test archival description, a test authority record (and search with the dedicated authority record search on the authority record browse page), etc?

If so, then it sounds like it's working !

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

p...@das-werkstatt.com

Jan 16, 2018, 2:56:21 PM1/16/18
to AtoM Users
Will do/try that and post the result here :)
Message has been deleted