white screen after login but public accessed normal

jatnikonm

Jan 26, 2021, 2:59:56 AM1/26/21
to AtoM Users

Hi, I have a problem with my AtoM website, homepage website look normal when it's accessed by the public (without login),
but if I'm login as administrator only header and white screen that I got

AtoM version: 2.5.0 - 172

Thanks

Dan Gillean

Jan 26, 2021, 10:04:38 AM1/26/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

I have a couple suggestions that you can try.

First, it's possible that for some reason, the base Dominion theme assets need to be recompiled. If you installed from our downloadable tarball, then the CSS comes pre-compiled, so we'll first have to install the dependencies that will allow us to run the command to recompile. We can install them with the following:
Don't miss the dash at the end of the first command!

Once you have the correct version of the dependencies installed, we can try recompiling the base Dominion theme like so:
  • sudo make -C /usr/share/nginx/atom/plugins/arDominionPlugin
If you have added a custom theme plugin to your site, then you will want to repeat this last command, but use the name of your custom plugin. For example, if I had a custom theme with a plugin named arMyCustomThemePlugin, then I could run the same command like so:
  •   sudo make -C /usr/share/nginx/atom/plugins/arMyCustomThemePlugin
I would also suggest that you clear your application cache and restart PHP-FPM after:
Also, to ensure you are seeing an up-to-date version of the page, make sure as well that you either clear your web browser cache, or test again in a private/incognito browser window, where the browser cache is typically disabled by default.

If it still doesn't work:

Is there a chance that you have enabled one of the security settings without properly configuring the requirements? For example, sometimes we have seen this issue when users turn on the "Require SSL for all administrator settings" option, but have not configured a SSL certificate for the site.

Fortunately, we can use SQL to check and disable this setting if it's turned on. To do so, we'll need to access the MySQL command prompt, which means knowing the database username and password used during installation. Further details on how to access the MySQL command prompt, and where to check your database credentials if you don't recall what was used during installation, can be found here:
We have instructions on how to check and change the SSL setting here:
Remember to restart MySQL after making any changes:
  • sudo systemctl restart mysql
Let us know if this helps!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS