PHP message: Unable to open PDO connection when open web installer step

Dariuuz

Mar 28, 2022, 11:28:16 PM3/28/22
to AtoM Users
i try to install atom using this documentation :

all step are fine. until the step " Run the web installer"

i open in web browser, and appear error 500. this is the error log message:

2022/03/29 03:19:42 [error] 1596#1596: *3 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: Unable to open PDO connection [wrapped: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2054] The server requested authentication method unknown to the client]" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.x.xx, server: _, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php7.2-fpm.atom.sock:", host: "192.168.xx.xx"

how to solve it?

Dan Gillean

Mar 30, 2022, 10:15:37 AM3/30/22
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

In the past when we've seen this error, it's typically because the Legacy Authentication Method was not chosen during the MySQL installation step. See this section of the installation documentation:
There are a couple things you can do to resolve this, if it is in fact the cause of the issue. First, to change the MySQL authentication method in a running instance,  you could edit the  MySQL configuration file created during installation (typically located at: /etc/mysql/conf.d/mysqld.cnf), adding the following line:
  • default_authentication_plugin=mysql_native_password
Then restart the MySQL service:
  • sudo systemctl restart mysql
You'll also need to update the MySQL user created during the installation and configuration process. Below is an example command - swap in your MysQL user name for username, and a password of your choice for password:
  • sudo mysql -h localhost -u root -p -e "ALTER USER 'username'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'password';"
See also, as reference:
You will need to know the username and password of the current MySQL user to run this command, as it will prompt you for your password when entered. If you don't remember what credentials you used, there are a couple ways you can check these. See the top part of this section:
To rerun the web installer after this is completed, I'd recommend that you delete the configuration file found at config/config.php, and then return to the URL originally used to arrive there (typically something like http://localhost at this stage). If for some reason this doesn't work, you can try http://localhost/index.php/checkSystem instead.

If that still doesn't work, we'll need to know a bit more about your installation, such as:
  • From the supplied error message, it appears that you've installed PHP 7.2 - is this correct?
  • Have you followed our recommended installation instructions - if no, what changes have you made?
  • Are you upgrading - i.e. trying to load a sqldump from a previous version into this new installation?
  • Anything else we should know about this installation?
Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Dan Gillean

Mar 30, 2022, 10:20:18 AM3/30/22
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi again,

Minor correction: if just returning to localhost in your browser doesn't work after addressing the MySQL authentication method and then deleting the config/config.php file, the more explidit path should be:
Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.