CLI SKOS Importing Error

junio.b...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2020, 2:26:13 PM2/28/20
to AtoM Users
I'm trying to import some terms with SKOS Files, but running the command "docker-compose exec atom php symfony import:bulk --taxonomy="35" -v --index /Path/To/SkosFiles" I got a error with the message "Unable to parse data of an unknown format.". When I try import the same SKOS file by GUI on Import SKOS tab, everything works well. I'm using the AtoM 2.5.3 installed in a Docker with Docker-Compose.

Dan Gillean

Mar 2, 2020, 12:46:47 PM3/2/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Junio,

It took us a little while to reproduce this, but fortunately the solution is very easy.

I tested first in the Vagrant box and had no issues, so I asked one of our developers using the Docker environment to see if they were able to recreate what you are seeing.

It turns out that for some reason, the Docker env requires that you supply an absolute path to the import files, and not a relative one.

So for example, this import failed:
  • docker-compose exec -u root atom php symfony import:bulk --taxonomy="35" -v --index skos/everything-ever.xml
But this one succeeded:
  • docker-compose exec -u root atom php symfony import:bulk --taxonomy="35" -v --index /atom/src/skos/everything-ever.xml
Note the difference in the file paths.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 2:26 PM <junio.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm trying to import some terms with SKOS Files, but running the command "docker-compose exec atom php symfony import:bulk --taxonomy="35" -v --index /Path/To/SkosFiles" I got a error with the message "Unable to parse data of an unknown format.". When I try import the same SKOS file by GUI on Import SKOS tab, everything works well. I'm using the AtoM 2.5.3 installed in a Docker with Docker-Compose.

Divino Júnio Batista Lopes

Dan Gillean

Mar 2, 2020, 2:54:30 PM3/2/20
to ICA-AtoM Users
Glad to hear it!

I've filed an issue to add a note about this to our documentation, to help future users avoid this problem:
Regards,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.