event notes not displaying in other language

Jennifer Mürset

Jun 24, 2021, 7:13:23 AM6/24/21
to AtoM Users
Hi there,

I noticed the issue that the text in the field "Anmerkung zu einem Ereignis"  (german, main langauge) in the "Dates of creation area" does not display in event notes if I set the language to English.
Is this a known issue?
Thank you

Best regards,
Jennifer
dates_of_creation_area.PNG
Bereich_Entstehungszeitraum.PNG

Dan Gillean

Jun 24, 2021, 11:46:15 AM6/24/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have managed to reproduce the issue you describe locally, and consider it a bug. Correspondingly, I have filed an issue ticket so that we can track this problem and hopefully address it in a future release, here:
I believe it should work the same as the free-text display date field - that is, it will allow a different value to be entered as a translation when editing while using a different display culture, but if no translation is present, it should fall back and display the original source string.

In the meantime, as a workaround you could enter edit mode in the secondary culture and either add your preferred translation, or else copy the source string so it displays when the description is viewed in that culture. Not convenient, but it does seem to work for now.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory
he / him

Jennifer Mürset

Jun 28, 2021, 12:38:18 PM6/28/21
to AtoM Users
Hi Dan,

Thank you for your fast response and creating an issue ticket. In this case I will use the workaround for the moment.

Best regards

Jennifer