atom 2.3 thumbnail black for pdf

Elizabeth McManus

Nov 23, 2016, 7:19:11 PM11/23/16
to AtoM Users
Hello,

We just upgraded from AtoM 2.2 to 2.3.  We are having a problem with the thumbnails.  They appear, but are black.  You can click on them and see the document just fine.  It only seems to occur with pdf.  We have php 7 and Ubuntu 16.04.  Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Elizabeth

Gomes Silva

Nov 24, 2016, 7:53:01 AM11/24/16
to AtoM Users
Hello,

Same problem was reported here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ica-atom-users/t5Xd-NM2IpA some days ago.

It may be a php7 (Ubuntu 16) related problem, because that also happened to me when I installed 2.3.0 with Ubuntu16 (32bit) using the recommended instructions. Some thumbnail and reference representations became black while some others looked OK, but every PDF opened without issues. At that time I didn't pay much attention, because it was an old PC (but it might actually be a bug).

So far I haven't found those issues in Ubuntu 14 (where php5 is used instead). However, I am unable to set a page number to be used when generation the derivative copies (as stated in https://www.accesstomemory.org/pt/docs/2.3/user-manual/administer/settings/#digital-object-derivatives). In other words, when I add a number it simple goes back to an empy field (so only the first page is shown).

Elizabeth McManus

Nov 24, 2016, 11:34:35 AM11/24/16
to AtoM Users
Oh thank you, I did a search but missed that post.

Elizabeth