Processes take a long time in executors

archivocen...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2019, 8:44:44 AM4/9/19
to AtoM Users

Hello, I do not know if someone could help me, I have version 2.4.1 of atom just update it, and I have problems with the processes, they take a long time to execute, a migration takes about 5 hours to complete, how can this problem be solved, I attach a image.
Regards

procesos.png

hola, no se si alguien podria ayudarme tengo la version 2.4.1 de atom recien la actualice, y tengo problemas con los procesos, tardan mucho en ejecutarse, una migracion tarda como 5 horas en completarse, como se puede resolver este problema, adjunto una imagen.
Saludos

Dan Gillean

Apr 10, 2019, 5:30:24 PM4/10/19
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

Without knowing more about your installation or the file you are importing, it's very difficult to say. However, for large imports, indexing during the import is one of the things that adds the most time to an import. If you have command-line access to the application, I would recommend that you do not index during import - you can then run the search:populate task after the import has completed. See:
In some cases, adding more resources (specifically, more RAM, or if you don't already have at least 2 CPUs, then more CPU) can help - note that you might also need to adjust some of the related PHP execution limits as well. See:
Overall though, without further development to optimize the import code, it may just take some time.

Note that we have included a couple optimizations in the upcoming 2.5 release that should increase the speed of CSV imports of archival descriptions significantly. When testing against large datasets, our developers reported speedups by as much as 40%. We hope to have the 2.5 release publicly available in May or June 2019.

Cheers,

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.