Little guide to install AtoM on RedHat\CentOS 7

stefano....@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2015, 4:39:44 PM9/26/15
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi all.
I installed AtoM on RedHat 7.1 and I like to share a little howto (I log my actions easily ;).

I hope to be to help for somebody. See attachments please.
AtoMhowInstallOnRedHatCentOS7.odt
AtoMhowInstallOnRedHatCentOS7.pdf

Dan Gillean

Sep 28, 2015, 1:34:22 PM9/28/15
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Stefano,

Amazing! Thank you so much for sharing! I will put a copy of this on our wiki - we have a section for Community resources, including user-generated documentation:

Our uploads on our wiki are broken at the moment (still awaiting developer time to address some issues, including public user registration), but I will add an entry for now and link to this user forum post.

Thanks again!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Product Manager / Systems Analyst,
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Dan Gillean

Sep 28, 2015, 7:16:49 PM9/28/15
to ICA-AtoM Users

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Product Manager / Systems Analyst,
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Ben Stewart

Sep 29, 2015, 11:48:44 AM9/29/15
to ICA-AtoM Users, stefano....@gmail.com

Hello

It is awesome you have a how-to built as it takes some time to do this.

We have had a few version of Atoms running on Centos over the last 2+ years and well you can get it running after some work we found that the stability is just not there after the records go up in size.   We had many issue with imports and exporting form both interface and command line seems to break the indexing a lot. Last was a big issue that we could only do the security updates with Centos 6.6.  This year we started using Ubuntu with was a big change for the University I work for as a VM, but I have about a 15 year background with Debian in a enterprise enviroment.

I’m happy to report the install and configuration has gone so much smother on Ubuntu.
I will know by the end of the week once the data is migrated how the performance and over all import export features are working.

~Ben

System Administrator

UNBC - Geoffrey R. Weller library & Northern BC Archives.

luc...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2017, 9:07:48 AM8/1/17
to AtoM Users
Hello to all,
I join to this thread because these days we are making an AtoM installation in the RedHat 7.3 environment.
We followed what Stefano detailed but we did not find two packages mentioned in the instructions:
* php-shout
* php-magpierss
I would like to know if these two packages are vital to the system or if they can be omitted.
In that case, I would like to know how to find them to add them to the installation.

Thank you

khan...@ualberta.ca

Aug 17, 2017, 11:11:44 AM8/17/17
to AtoM Users, luc...@gmail.com
Any response regarding the necessity for php-shout (Icecast) and php-magpierss (RSS)?

Dan Gillean

Aug 17, 2017, 11:34:15 AM8/17/17
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

Unfortunately we at Artefactual are not able to comment on this, as we do not test or develop using CentOS or RHEL and are not familiar with these particular PHP packages. Hopefully Stefano, Ben, or some of our other CentOS and RHEL users can comment on what they have used!

We don't have a plain-text version yet that outlines all of the steps, but one of our system administrators is working on a pull request that will update our Ansible deployment automation scripts to include CentOS/RHEL support. You can see the work in progress here:

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.
604-527-2056
@accesstomemory

Sangeeta K

Aug 22, 2017, 2:49:09 AM8/22/17
to AtoM Users, stefano....@gmail.com
php-shout
php-magpierss

We have tested with AtoM version 2.3.1 on Redhat 7
They can be omitted.
I will prepare a document and share for Redhat 7.

Sangeeta K

Aug 22, 2017, 3:05:05 AM8/22/17
to AtoM Users, stefano....@gmail.com

I hope this helps the community.