Symfony 1.4 patch?

Tim Schofield

Jan 16, 2017, 1:42:11 AM1/16/17
to AtoM Users
Hi

I've been learning Symfony 1.4. There seem so many incompatibilities with more recent versions of PHP etc.
e.g. DOMDocument::load() should not be called statically , preg_replace() is deprecated etc.
I was wondering how you get around these problems. So patches perhaps?

Regards

Tim Schofield

Jesús García Crespo

Jan 17, 2017, 4:16:57 AM1/17/17
to ica-ato...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

Yes, currently most of the developers are working on PHP5.5 environments but our QA happens in both PHP5.5 and PHP7.0 environments. We write forward compatible code which often requires not making use of some handy language features introduced in PHP7. We also deal with deprecations as they are announced. The framework is vendored and we make updates as needed - we also pull fixes from LExpress/symfony1, a community-driven sf1 fork that is still active. I'd like to add github.com/wimg/PHPCompatibility to CI, that would be really useful in order to detect incompatibilities early.

Let us know if you run into any issue!

Jesús García Crespo,
Software Engineer, Artefactual Systems Inc.
http://www.artefactual.com | +1.604.527.2056