Recommended SELinux settings on CentOS

Steve Lapommeray

Jan 20, 2022, 4:15:35 PM1/20/22
to AtoM Users
Hello,

What is the recommended SELinux context for the AtoM uploads/ folder and its subfolders on CentOS 7? Does AtoM have a default SELinux context that it sets on new uploads?

I've tried recursively setting the folders to use the httpd_sys_rw_content_t context, but I will occasionally get permission denied errors when trying to save a change to a record or upload a file, and the context in a subfolder of uploads/r will end up having just httpd_sys_content_t (no rw) as a type.

Thank you,
Steve

Dan Gillean

Jan 21, 2022, 8:43:12 AM1/21/22
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi Steve,

Artefactual does not test or develop against CentOS or RHEL, so I can't personally offer much advice. I can tell you that in our default installation instructions, AtoM expects all subdirectories to be owned by the www-data user. See:
Meanwhile, none of these community docs appear to be updated for the current 2.6 version of AtoM, but hopefully they might offer general guidance to help you resolve the permissions issues with the uploads directory - see:
Hope it helps; good luck!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.