Run the upgrade task

Sir Luigi

Sep 22, 2021, 6:40:33 AM9/22/21
to AtoM Users
I encountered this error when running the following task:

  • php -d memory_limit=-1 symfony tools:upgrade-sql
           SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'clipboard_save' already exists

This is an upgrade to version 2.2.1 on a new server that we have fully installed with all the requirements of version 2.6.4 and then followed up with the upgrade documentation.

Can you help me find the solution to this problem?

Thank you.

Dan Gillean

Sep 22, 2021, 7:48:02 AM9/22/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hello there,

Usually when we see this error, it's because the database was not dropped and recreated before loading the sqldump and running the upgrade task. Please see step 4 in this section of the upgrade instructions:
If you want to clear any residual data from previous attempts to load your backup, you can also run the tools:purge task. This task deletes ALL DATA from the database, so be sure that you still have your backup before using it! See:

Sir Luigi

Sep 22, 2021, 8:21:00 AM9/22/21
to AtoM Users
Indeed, we had skipped deleting the database because it was a new installation, thinking that the restore would replace everything, but it must be that this is not the case, and that it is therefore necessary to do a deletion.

We have managed to finish the process and with it all the other steps of the upgrade.

Thank you very much for your help.