Avatar Bhola

Apr 28, 2021, 4:26:44 PM4/28/21
to AtoM Users
I am trying to start an Atom worker, however when I did the command jobs:worker, it says it does not exist.

Dan Gillean

Apr 29, 2021, 10:50:25 AM4/29/21
to ICA-AtoM Users
Hi there,

First of all, this may have to do with the fact that you're trying to install in Windows, and some of your configuration is incorrect. If that's the case, we won't really be able to offer much advice. However, a couple things to check:
  • Typically this command needs to be run from the root AtoM installation directory. I don't know what that will be in your installation environment - in an Ubuntu install that follows our recommended instructions, this is typically /usr/share/nginx/atom. Make sure you are in the root AtoM directory when trying to run the command.
  • The command needs to be started with php symfony, like so:
    • php symfony jobs:worker
  • In a typical Ubuntu installation, AtoM expects all files and directories below the root AtoM installation directory to be owned by the www-data user. We typically recommend that users set the filesystem permissions like so:
    • sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /usr/share/nginx/atom
  • However, the above is specific to an Ubuntu Linux installation using Nginx as the webserver, so once again I'm not sure how to advise you based on your chosen installation configuration. However, if the filesystem permissions are set correctly, you can try running symfony commands like so, to explicitly specify the user:
    • sudo -u www-data php symfony jobs:worker
Remember, if you want to install AtoM on a Windows server, the easiest solution will be to use a virtual appliance to create a Linux Ubuntu 18.04 environment. That way, you can follow the recommended installation  instructions inside of the VM, rather than trying to figure out how to change everything to make it work with Windows, or in a canned environment like Xampp. If you continue to be stuck and have no choice but to use a Windows Server, then you might want to investigate this - or consider a hosted option

Good luck!

Dan Gillean, MAS, MLIS
AtoM Program Manager
Artefactual Systems, Inc.